cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV control app, iOS, not working since update

Docrus
Joining in

Ever since being updated the other day I can’t get the TV Control app to connect on either my iPhone or iPad. It tells me that it can’t see my V6 box and asked me if I want to try again. When I do it tells me there is a technical error and they’re working to fix it. However I see from the forum that other people are managing to use the new version of the app on iOS without any difficulties. I’m not getting a specific error code. I’ve deleted and reinstall the app on both devices and I’ve reset the V6 box and made sure that Wi-Fi and box settings are all as they should be.

Any bright ideas?

Thanks

17 REPLIES 17

the Info icon at the bottom of the app screen on the iPad has an exclamation mark next to it. If I select the icon I get a panel saying "Home Network Required The selected Virgin TV box has not been found on the current network. Make sure you are connected to the same network as your Virgin TV box, then try again." There are three buttons: Re-scan, OK and Need Help? If I press "Re-scan" it just takes me back to the previous screen where I selected the Info icon.Same for the "OK" button. Otherwise there is no error message.

I have tried removing and reinstalling the app on the iPad several times with no effect. What I haven't tried yet is a complete reboot of the V6 box. I put it on stand-by overnight. Waiting for a suitable time as it interrupts viewing for a long time. I will let you know if that makes any difference.

Same symptoms as me on iOS/iPadOS 14.0.1

Works ok on android phone on same network

** update: dig out my remote (haven’t used it since I use my harmony hub/app)! Found some batteries and restarted the v6box. Working again on my ipad - strange that my android phone did, but the iPad app didn’t till I reloaded the V6 box.

Sorted - thanks for the input 🙂 

Glad to hear it's working now brantome and thanks for the update on what you did, as this will help other people 🙂

Please let me know how you get on frank_guest and come back if this doesn't work.

Thanks

Melissa

I rebooted the V6 box overnight. I have just tried clicking on "Info." and it has worked this time. The problem has now been resolved.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Really glad to hear that the issue has been resolved @frank_guest

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

Perrinss
Just joined

I’ve had this problem also. You need to go into iPad settings and click on the TV Control app and make sure ‘Local Network’ is on.  

I am having a similar problem. I have an iPhone 11 and the TV control app just will not connect. I have the red screen with virgin media on it and a blue line scrolling across it. Only been recent (as in this past week) 
Any ideas at all please ?? 

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Goo1705

Welcome to the community and thanks for your first post, we're happy to have you with us 🙂 

I'm very sorry to hear this, I appreciate this is frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Have you tried all the advise offered by the community in this thread? Have you been unsuccessful when trying these methods? 

Thanks,

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide