cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV app for windows

lello
On our wavelength

Hi

I had tv go app installed on my windows 10 laptop, this evening I couldn't get app to open at all, so I uninstalled it with a view to reinstall it. At the moment I can't seem to reinstall tv go app, if I go to Microsoft store and look for virgin media tv go app, nothing comes up, I can't find it in the store! if if go to store through the virgin media link I end up in Microsoft windows store with an "get in store app" button, when I click on button another window opens  with virgin tv go, but there is no download button! not sure what I'm doing wrong. could someone please point me in the right direction. see screen shot.

Thanks

No download linkNo download link

29 REPLIES 29

lello
On our wavelength

As you can see on screen dump, if I go to Microsoft store and search for Virgin TV go, nothing comes up

store.jpg

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @lello 

The TVGO app was withdrawn from the Windows app store around a year ago. You now need to use a web app.

Open a browser and go to https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/en.html 

Further details in the info below from 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/tv/how-to-use-virgin-tv-go-app 

Supported computers and browsers

Virgin TV Go is supported on the following systems and browsers:

• Windows 8.1 (15063.0 or higher) and macOSX 10.1
  • Google Chrome 69+
  • Mozilla Firefox 67+
  • Microsoft EDGE (Windows only)*
  • Safari 9+(macOS only)**

We no longer have a Windows 10 app, but Windows 10 devices can use the website, and install the web app that is offered when visiting the website. To use Virgin TV Go in a browser please ensure you’ve got cookies enabled in your browser, that virginmedia.com is listed as a trusted site, your browser is set to allow protected content, and you allow pop ups from the Virgin TV Go website.

Note: If you register a computer using a browser, you’ll need to use the same browser with Virgin TV Go. Using a different browser, clearing cookies or using incognito mode will be seen as a different device.

*To use Virgin TV Go with Internet Explorer on Windows 7 you'll need to install Microsoft Silverlight.
**To use Virgin TV Go with Safari 11 or earlier you'll need to install Microsoft Silverlight. Virgin TV Go is not currently compatible with Safari 12. To use Virgin TV Go on macOS with Safari 12 installed, you'll need to use an alternate browser such as Firefox or Chrome.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

lello
On our wavelength

Hi, 

Thanks for your quick reply,  I have now created a TVGO short cut on my desktop.

Still can't work out how I managed to get TVGO app on laptop about 2 weeks ago when I had a package upgrade. ( it was an app and not short cut) and why Virgin media when I searched Windows 10 TVGo app, still takes me to Microsoft app store? Surely if there is no Windows app Virgin media shouldn't be directing you there.

Thanks

Hi @lello thanks for your post here although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

As @newapollo has mentioned, we no longer have a TV Go app for Windows, although it is strange it was showing for you on the store or taking you to it.

I do apologise for this, but I do hope the advice previously given helps.

Many thanks

Tom_W

lello
On our wavelength

Ok, Strange as i had tv go working on laptop using web (not app) and no problem a few month ago,  tried tonight for the first time in weeks using web, getting the mentioned fault (with 0 at the end) i can now hear the football but I can't see it! I deleted  the old web entries and started afresh but still the same.

lello
On our wavelength

Ok, Strange as i had tv go working on laptop using web (not app) and no problem a few month ago,  tried tonight for the first time in weeks using web, getting the mentioned fault (with 0 at the end) i can now hear the football but I can't see it! I deleted  the old web entries and started afresh but still the same.

lello
On our wavelength

Hi

Last night I was trying to watch football on virgin go on laptop (windows 10) and had the error message "Sorry - we can't play this at the moment 0", tried removing web entries from Chrome, tried using Microsoft edge but still had message. I could hear the commentary but no picture (tried different tv programs but all the same)  tried tv go on my Samsung phone, no problem with that, only seems to be on laptop, which i have used in the past to watch without an issue.

could someone please help me, I'm taking the laptop away for a couple of days and I want to be able to watch TV on laptop.

Thanks

Hello lello.

Thanks for joining this thread. 

Sorry to her about the issues you are having with TVGO on your web browser.

Can I please ask if you have tried an alternative browser to the one you are using now?

Gareth_L

Hey lello, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

I can see my colleague has replied to you on another thread, please do feel free to reply to him .

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?