Menu
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 11 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Go works fine but Sky Sports says Device Limit Reached?

@Pixelking wrote:

Sorry I am still a bit confused with this.

So I watch a Sky Sports or Sky movies channel on one remote device but no-one can watch this on any other of my up to 5 more registered devices? Is this correct?

However if I am watching Sky Sports or Sky Movies on one device any of the other up to 5 devices can watch concurrent Rugby on BT Sport, Cycling on Eurosport or for that matter any full package VM channel. Is this correct?

If this is correct then i still say that this is a retro step as until now could watch premium Sky Sports/Cinema on 2 devices simultaneously.

Please comment

thanks

Consider Sky and TV go separately

Sky first.

You can have 6 devices and make 3 changes in a month.

You can only watch ONE live stream at a time on any of those 6 devices.

You should be able to watch offline downloads on the other 5 devices at the same time you stream.

TV Go

You can have 4 devices if you have full house tv or VIP. You only get 2 if you have player, fun or mix tv.

You can watch 2 stream on any of those devices.

You should be able to watch downloads on devices regardless.

Hope that clarifies.

0 Kudos
drealmobster
Tuning in
Message 12 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Why does the error say "streaming on more than two devices".  It took me ages to find out that the "amount" of streams has been reduced to one.  I have had two concurrent streams going for years.  This is really poor, we had no notification about this change and then the error is misleading!  I would now like to watch the football and the golf but to do so I have to take over the tv too.  My wife will be so happy 😞

So to summarise, we have great broadband but reduced ability to watch what we want, fantastic!  Oh, and no reduction in charges I bet.

c-note
Tuning in
Message 13 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Yes the error message is misleading, for years Iv'e been able to have two Sky Sports streams albeit I only made use of it rarely. Today I wanted to watch Super Sunday and the Masters simultaneously and I wasted an hour or so trying to figure out why I couldn't. I knew the device limit message was wrong.

Gradually over time the service is diminishing when I'd expect it to expand and improve. I'm sure this will have been dictated by Sky, they are a vile company and treat their customers with contempt.

They are the only TV company that doesn't do HD as standard and they consistently hide content from digital users by putting it on red button which digital users can't access. They are stuck in the 90s with technology in that sense.

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 14 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@c-note wrote:

Yes the error message is misleading, for years Iv'e been able to have two Sky Sports streams albeit I only made use of it rarely. Today I wanted to watch Super Sunday and the Masters simultaneously and I wasted an hour or so trying to figure out why I couldn't. I knew the device limit message was wrong.

Gradually over time the service is diminishing when I'd expect it to expand and improve. I'm sure this will have been dictated by Sky, they are a vile company and treat their customers with contempt.

They are the only TV company that doesn't do HD as standard and they consistently hide content from digital users by putting it on red button which digital users can't access. They are stuck in the 90s with technology in that sense.

What makes no sense is that in March I had 2 devices (1 change/month) on which I could have two active streams and now in April I have six devices (3 changes/month) on which I can only have one active stream. 

Why would I need six or more devices for a single stream?  

Only upside is I won't be contacting Customer Service when my device isn't recognised as I can add it again another 5 times...  (or 8 with the 3 device changes)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
eastwc00
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 15
Flag for a moderator

This sucks. Now TV might get my money now. 

0 Kudos