cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Go will not play on Mac

Stevepemberton
Joining in

Hi, Im hoping someone can help. TV Go will not play on my Mac (OS is Big Sur). Have tried with Safari, Chrome and Firefox. All allow me too go to page select a programme from Live TV brings up programme tries to start then message says Sorry this isn't available. Sorry we can't play this at the moment. Works fine on my iPhone.

Thank you for any help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This is a problem for us too. Connecting wirelessly - previously OK, but has not worked since upgrade to MacOS 11.1 (Big Sur).

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Stevepemberton,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you aren't able to use our TV go on your Mac, as it has been over 10 days since you last post have you managed to get a resolution to this

Regards

Paul.

Nope

Hi Stevepemberton,

Thanks for coming back to us, I'm sorry to see this is still a problem for you.

Can you please confirm if you have the most recent IOS update installed on your Mac?

Can you also please tell us a little more about your connection? e.g is your Mac hard wired to your home network or are you connected wirelessly?

Many thanks,

Beth

Beth

Hi, yes latest OS installed on MacBook Air tried Safari, Chrome and Firefox any channel selected from live TV will not play. Says sorry this isn’t available 

sorry - we can’t play this at the moment

Hi Stevepemberton.

Thank you for coming back to confirm - I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Can you please let me know how the Macbook is connected to your home network? I appreciate that Macbooks do not have Ethernet ports, however I believe you can connect via wired connection with some type of adapter. Do you have any other issues with your Macbooks connectivity to your home network or have trouble streaming using other apps/websites?

Thanks again,

Beth

Beth

This is a problem for us too. Connecting wirelessly - previously OK, but has not worked since upgrade to MacOS 11.1 (Big Sur).

Hi, it is connected via wireless to my network. No other problems with any apps, can stream from other apps no problem, bbc, itv hub, ch 4 etc just tv go will not stream.

Yep, that’s the one!

Hi Stevepemberton & Hutches,

Thanks for joining the thread Stevepemberton, I'm sorry to hear this is also an issue for you too. We aren't aware of any issues with the compatibility of TV GO on devices that have IOS 11.1 installed, so it is certainly strange. Are you also unable to use TV GO on any browser?

Can you both please try clearing your cache and cookies and resetting the My Virgin Media password? I appreciate you're able to stream TV GO without issues from other devices, but this will help refresh your account.

Thanks guys,

Beth

Beth