cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Go says upgrade needed suddenly

f300
Tuning in

Hello,

When trying to watch anything on demand on TV Go we are suddenly getting a message that an upgrade is needed. We are on the Mix TV package and these programmes were playable a few days ago - you can see that some episodes are marked as watched in the first screenshot. We have made no changes to our packages. The programs play fine through On Demand on our TiVo box.

I have tried TV Go on PC (Windows 10 + latest Chrome & Firefox) and see the upgrade button. On the TV Go Android app (Kindle Fire 7) there is no play button or upgrade button.

I have logged out, cleared cookies/cache, logged in again, reinstalled the Android app etc with no effect.

Thanks.

Windows 10 / Chrome 100Windows 10 / Chrome 100

Kindle Fire 7 / Android AppKindle Fire 7 / Android App

Even programmes on free-to-air channels say upgrade needed.Even programmes on free-to-air channels say upgrade needed.

The listings are also empty for many channels.The listings are also empty for many channels.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi F300, sincerest apologies that this issue is still ongoing for you. I believe this may be a provisioning issue with how your box is set up on our systems, which will require some additional information from you to investigate further. 

I will send you a PM to confirm a few details so I can have a look for you! We will return to the public thread with an update as soon as possible! All the best. 

Molly

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @f300 

I notice one of your devices is a Kindle Fire 7 - VM don't support Amazon Fire devices. Did you sideload the app?

Info below from https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-go-what-devices-can-i-use 

To use Virgin TV Go, your mobile or tablet will need to be:

• Android 5.1 or later
  • iOS 11 or later

NOTE: Virgin TV Go is not available on Amazon Fire devices

Agatha Raisin series 2 episode 5 should be available to watch on Sky Max SD on your Mix TV package.

I was unable to check the PC app.I have on Windows 11, and was seeing error 400 Bad Request using Chrome, and when I tried using Firefox the pop up box to sign in was blank, completely black.

I managed to play Agatha Raisin series 2 episode 5 and Queens of Mystery series 1 episode 4 using the Edge browser on my PC.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi newapollo

I have Google Play Services and Google Play Store sideloaded onto my Kindle Fire. The TV Go app is then installed properly through the Google Play store. It was working absolutely fine and stopped working the same time as the web version of TV Go.

Anyway, lets not worry about the Kindle seen as VM don't support it. I've just installed TV Go on my Android 6 phone and it doesn't work on that either with exactly the same problem.

I've also now tried the website on Windows 10 + Edge which also does not work.

Thanks.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thanks for the update @f300 

Sorry to see you are still having issues. It works on all of my android devices. TVGO is a temperamental beast, great when it's working. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi f300, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've been having an issue accessing some content through TV Go. 

We're aware there were some issues with the site over the weekend  which may have fizzled over to yesterday but as far as I can tell, things seem to be working as they should be now. 

How are things looking from your end now? 

As mentioned by newapollo, we're not able to support the Kindle Fire device but we can certainly look into the devices. 

Pop back and let us know how you're getting on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath

I still have the same problem and cannot play anything on TV Go, it is still just showing the 'upgrade' button instead of 'play' even though it was working last week.

Thanks

Screenshot 2022-04-05 232709.jpg

Hi f300

Can we please ask if its possible to try the App on an alternative device 

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth,

I have tried the app on an Android (version 6) phone and the web app on a Windows 10 Home PC and a different PC with Windows 10 Pro, and also the website on Chrome, Edge and Firefox. The PC's all show the upgrade button. The Android phone does not show any button, play or upgrade. Everything was working last week and the programmes still play fine on the TiVo box.

Thanks

Windows 10 Pro / TV Go Web AppWindows 10 Pro / TV Go Web AppAndroid 6 PhoneAndroid 6 Phone

Hi F300, sincerest apologies that this issue is still ongoing for you. I believe this may be a provisioning issue with how your box is set up on our systems, which will require some additional information from you to investigate further. 

I will send you a PM to confirm a few details so I can have a look for you! We will return to the public thread with an update as soon as possible! All the best. 

Molly

Hi All, massive thanks to f300 for PMing with me. I am pleased to report this has now been sorted!

I identified a provisioning issue, and was able to send some signals down the line to the box from our systems which have resolved problem. 

Please feel free to come back to us again on this public thread if the problem re-occurs and we can offer further support! 

All the best. 

Molly