cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Go registered devices

ModTeam

Hello,

We’ve been made aware of an issue with TV Go where you’re unable to watch on a device that has been registered even though it has been used before on PC or MacBook. This can cause all slots and changes for the month to be used. You’re currently allowed 5 devices with 3 changes per month. 

This is caused when the cookies and cache for TV Go are removed / deleted. This is not a fault and is working as expected. To avoid the situation you simply need to change the settings on your browser to keep the cookies active for TV Go.

Many thanks,

Your Community Moderators

167 REPLIES 167

Waterloo15
Tuning in

Reply states 'To avoid the situation you simply need to change the settings on your browser to keep the cookies active for TV Go'.    What would I need to add on my browser   eg [*]example.com   

Exactly my experience with TV GO.
They won't fix it!

Please could someone clear my devices also - I've spent hours on the phone these last couple of days trying to get to actually speak to someone without any success.

Thanks.

I second this message as the same thing is happening to me, i haven't deleted cookies and now have the same issues. I have the same laptop registered 3 times of which it keeps asking me to register the device. This is a really bad developed piece of software of which makes we want to return to sky as skygo never had these issues!

If anyone can find a resolution to this please make me aware as im one very unhappy customer!!😡😡

wellibob
On our wavelength

There is a perfectly working work around if you are running a windows pc. Look back and use the Firefox Web browser and follow the easy instructions.

I agree Virgins TVGO system blows and it wouldn't take half a day to fix this issue. But still if your smart you can work around it. 

I have tried to install this browser and still nothing, not working.

Frustrating and no help from Virgin Media.

Any one else suggest anything before i try and use up another hour and a half of my life to get through to them!!

Hi

If you haven't reached your maximum of 5 devices I would suggest installing Firefox as a browser and only use that for TV Go.

Don't empty any cashe/cookies or history on Firefox as you could well be asked to register again as the incoming signal thinks its a new device!

The Firefox browser method works 100%. Only if you follow the instructions and have a free slot to add. 

This is the issue, all my slots are showing full and cant be replaced until now March.

Even when i log on through Firefox it says devices full but i am using the same devices as already registered. 

You MUST have a free slot to register with the Firefox browser. This is a months wait or a call to Virgin to reset your devices.

Again follow the instruction process. You cannot add anything till you have a free slot or able to remove & replace.