cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Go registered devices

ModTeam

Hello,

We’ve been made aware of an issue with TV Go where you’re unable to watch on a device that has been registered even though it has been used before on PC or MacBook. This can cause all slots and changes for the month to be used. You’re currently allowed 5 devices with 3 changes per month. 

This is caused when the cookies and cache for TV Go are removed / deleted. This is not a fault and is working as expected. To avoid the situation you simply need to change the settings on your browser to keep the cookies active for TV Go.

Many thanks,

Your Community Moderators

167 REPLIES 167

57 minutes, 1 minutes talking to someone who sounded like she understood... cut off.

There is no polite way of saying this, Virgin Media is f... 

Happy Christmas. 

JOHNWARDENVMC
Tuning in
Well I have not deleted the cookies. I have yet again tried to login and it adds me as a new device each time but does NOY allow access. I have stopped before I use the last device space.

Yes, they blame customers, yet it goes on and on. The last six months actually.
The only thing that works is when I go to Sky football and it lets me login with my sky details.

This is definitely a Virgin issue

bill49p
Tuning in

Im having exactly the same problem - all slots are filled up by my computer, as it does delete cookies (basic common sense security in this day and age).

Every other streaming service works fine, yet Virgin Media..... really starting to regret becoming a customer.

Please advise of what fixes are available - VM can easily reset the devices list and use a MAC address of a device to solve the problem

thesockpuppet
Joining in

This has been happening to me for ages.

My only fix... Google Chrome does not work at all for me, but Safari does.

Chrome just pops back up with Register Device each time, but Safari worked instantly for some reason. I never clear my cookies and rarely clear cache. 

(using Mac OS Big Sur)

Spoken to them repeatedly. No compensation allowed, nobody on the phone has any clue what's going on... the girl was familiar with the issue but could do nothing except reset my devices.

Make the device register by MAC address, not by browser. It's so simple. Whilst this problem exists, temporarily lift the restriction so that people can use the service that they signed up for. Virgin Media is largely excellent, but the customer care and general disdain shown towards customers is infuriating. 

thesockpuppet
Joining in

To the Moderator who wrote the original post for this thread... sorry for the aggression, but your post is pathetic, largely technically incorrect and patronising... suggesting it's the customer's fault or the customer's machine's fault is ludicrous.

Especially as it's simply not true (I don't clear cookies or cache and haven't adjusted any browser settings. Placing the blame on the customer when THEY'VE BUILT A PLATFORM THAT DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY is downright idiotic.

Also, if this is the way the platform was designed to be used, why wouldn't VM give clear instructions on how to set up your browser to use the service when trying to watch something?

Have you tried Firefox,it worked for me as I have the same issues with chrome.

gazzetta
On our wavelength

Download Firefox at https://www.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/new/

Login to Virgin TVGo https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/en.html

It just works. Make sure you do not set your security settings to delete cookies when browser or tabs are closed. Cookies need to remain in place as this is Virgin's current method of recognising you when you come back in the current version of their browser based web app.

If you have filled up your allocation of 5 devices then you can try calling, ensure it is first thing in the morning when they open otherwise you will be held on a phone line for around an hour before someone speaks to you. If you are not in an urgent hurry then there are some great mods on these forums who are able to clear your device list for you. Leave a note for them here and they normally get back to you within a few days.

Do not use Google Chrome, there is a catastrophic bug in the browser based authentication system that Virgin acknowledged many months ago but have decided not to fix yet for whatever reason that may be. Perhaps a mod can pin this to the beginning of the thread or write something similar to help their customers and ease the immense frustration that is currently being dealt out to them at the moment.

That's awesome advice but my Chromebook really isn't keen on Firefox so I don't have that as an option. 

That is frustrating... Sorry to state the obvious but I take it you have attempted to install it already? https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/run-firefox-chromeos