cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Go registered devices

ModTeam

Hello,

We’ve been made aware of an issue with TV Go where you’re unable to watch on a device that has been registered even though it has been used before on PC or MacBook. This can cause all slots and changes for the month to be used. You’re currently allowed 5 devices with 3 changes per month. 

This is caused when the cookies and cache for TV Go are removed / deleted. This is not a fault and is working as expected. To avoid the situation you simply need to change the settings on your browser to keep the cookies active for TV Go.

Many thanks,

Your Community Moderators

167 REPLIES 167

Jimham1
Joining in
This doesn't work on any of my apps or browser. I downloaded a brand new version of Firefox and it wouldn't work in that. Can one of your techs go in and manually reset my devices. Google on my desk top used all the spaces in one day. Now I don't have TVGO until January. Thanks in anticipation of our help.

hogan53
On our wavelength

😡

Will not let me open any selected program on the tv.....sends me back to install the app mode!

hogan53
On our wavelength

For a pinned forum....its pretty poor show!

No meaningful activity on it from the Modes.....🤔

It's unlikely that anyone from Virgin will respond on here for two reasons. 

• They don't believe it is a problem. If they did, there would have been some action to solve the issues over the many months it has been occurring. 
  • None of this is 'official' and linked to an account. If everyone called and made sure the problem is logged against your account, there is tangible evidence at Virgin's end, which makes it harder to ignore. 

I have a complaint registered, with a complaint number, all done by their Customer Service and after two months I have still not heard anything.

Virgin's policy for difficult stuff is to ignore it until all the effected customers give up trying or die.

Happy TVGo-less Christmas everybody! 

hogan53
On our wavelength

Considering the issues are with a Virgin product.....this forum is flagging up there is a problem with the TV Go system for re-registering/removal of devices!

Its time they got the finger out!

Merry TVGo-less Christmas! 

gazzetta
On our wavelength

Still happening, a single Google Chrome installation registered all of my 4 empty slots. Cookies were not touched whatsoever between, completely the same session. Completely the same browser window, completely the same browser tab

Not one of the 4 registrations works, I cannot access TVGo at all apart from my iPhone which had the last slot.

Can someone clear my 4 dead Google Chrome slots please and I will revert back to IE which I have read is the only browser that currently is reliable?

Chrome 87.0.4280.88 64bit 

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041

If it helps, I did have all 5 slots previously occupied but every one was cleared for some reason, not of my asking. That is when the problem started, I took up 4 of the newly empty slots with Chrome and one with my iPhone.

wellibob
On our wavelength

As I have said. For virgin tv go. ONLY use FIREFOX. log in to watch. When finished log out. This works. DO NOT REGISTER, or even replace a device in another browser. Android & ios devices are not affected. 

I tried that on my Chromebook and it didn't work. 

You cannot unfix a full set of registered devices even in Firefox once your device list is full of occupied devices. ie all full of say My Computer /Google chrome. You must wait until you can replace a device and then use Firefox. Once that is in your list it'll work.

I don't know about chrome books as they are heavily Google intensive.

On ANY windows pc with Firefox it'll work if you follow the procedure. This may involve a month wait if you can't get your devices cleared by Virgin. 

It's great advice and thanks for helping. Unfortunately a lot of people don't use TV (no) Go in the way your work around requires. 

I am currently over 30 minutes into a call with Virgin and no one understands this problem. Even though I am on to level 2 technical (whatever that means), explaining our issue is impossible even though he can see that all of the slots are allocated to the same device.

I should be drinking sherry and eating mince pies, watching TV Go on my Chromebook, hiding from my family instead of explaining how Virgin's apps should work to Virgin's Technical Department.