cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Go registered devices

ModTeam

Hello,

We’ve been made aware of an issue with TV Go where you’re unable to watch on a device that has been registered even though it has been used before on PC or MacBook. This can cause all slots and changes for the month to be used. You’re currently allowed 5 devices with 3 changes per month. 

This is caused when the cookies and cache for TV Go are removed / deleted. This is not a fault and is working as expected. To avoid the situation you simply need to change the settings on your browser to keep the cookies active for TV Go.

Many thanks,

Your Community Moderators

167 REPLIES 167

Hi Jamgood

This issue with duplicate devices has been plaguing the TVGo system for yonks. I can remember it being an issue about 18 months ago. Then VM launched an app for Win10 and everything was back to normal. In their wisdom, they shut down that app about 3 months ago and the pold horrors have returned mainly for those using Chrome and/or Edge. There is some feature within these browsers that "baffles" the TVGo system leading to it failing to recognise a device after it has been initially registered.

The response has been woeful with VM insisting that there is no problem with their app but that the fault lies with the user or his choice of browser. NO amount of fiddling with cookie or cache settings is going to solve the issue until VM thoroughly examines the architecture of its TVGo system to sort out why so many people are still having problems.

I have managed to bypass the problem for the time being by calling up Internet Explorer. My solution is in a post which I have bumped to the front page so it should be close to the thread yo have posted in.

Have a read and try it out. It's still working for me after at least 3 months

hogan53
On our wavelength

How do I get the 5 devices removed which are all............  My Computer Google Chrome ?

wellibob
On our wavelength

You can but only so many per month. Its a joke tbh and it needs sorting out. I currently use the Firefox work around but I had to wait 2 months because Virgin refused to wipe my associated devices even though the software they use is bugged to hell. 

hogan53
On our wavelength

How can I remove these devices....they are all the same?

No slots are available till 01 01 2021.

wellibob
On our wavelength

You can't do anything. I pleaded with virgin media and was told I had to wait, and in you case it'll be the same. 

hogan53
On our wavelength

That's just stupid!!!!

If I have reached the maximum why cant I watch on this device names the same!

CheersScreenshot (100).png

hogan53
On our wavelength

Screenshot (101).png

wellibob
On our wavelength

Wait or beg virgin to reset your devices. Then register your pc using Firefox for TV go.  Log in and out each time you use TV go in Firefox Web browser. It'll work but you must log out after you've finished watching your programme.

hogan53
On our wavelength

Cheers Mate

I did install Firefox this morning!

Suppose I'm going to have to phone them up🙄

wellibob
On our wavelength

Hopefully you'll get someone who understands the issue and can reset your devices. I had to wait.