cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Go registered devices

ModTeam

Hello,

We’ve been made aware of an issue with TV Go where you’re unable to watch on a device that has been registered even though it has been used before on PC or MacBook. This can cause all slots and changes for the month to be used. You’re currently allowed 5 devices with 3 changes per month. 

This is caused when the cookies and cache for TV Go are removed / deleted. This is not a fault and is working as expected. To avoid the situation you simply need to change the settings on your browser to keep the cookies active for TV Go.

Many thanks,

Your Community Moderators

167 REPLIES 167

aderuk
On our wavelength

Right the Firefox remedy seems to work on my PC for now, which I guess suggests its a Virgin/Chrome issue and not user error.

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi,

Apologies for the ongoing issues. If you're still having a problem could you please confirm:

• Browser + version number
  • You have tried the workaround posted at the start of this thread and are still experiencing a problem
Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

I'm still having problems. This has been happening for months. So far I am blocked having registered 5 devices (all the same device!) till the 1/1/2021.

I have tried the fix at the start of the thread.

My browser and version numbers are - Chrome  87.0.4280.88   Firefox  83.0   Edge  87.0.664.57

All are up to date.

ajf33
On our wavelength

Still having problems, Using Chrome 87 and have ended up with 5 chrome entries in my devices, none of which will play.

Have downloaded app on my laptop and ipad, but cant use them till devices are reset.

Please help, with xmas fast approaching I need a device i can access this on!

Thanks

aderuk
On our wavelength

Mine is still working with firefox browser

R_Wilde
On our wavelength

right then!  shall have to try this - obviously im now running short on slots and changes and xmas is approaching!

R_Wilde
On our wavelength

afternoon Kev_b....

as usual - still the same on mine.     am now having to ration logins prior to xmas    😕

details below....  yours.

image.pngimage.png

Using Firefox and logging out worked for me as well

Thanks for the Firefox tip.

It's not a long term fix though. It would be nice to know what the plans are to make it work properly. 

I wasn't able to transfer my settings from my old V6 to my new one due to TVGo not working properly. 

The problems go back about 2 months I think with no sign of it being resolved. 

Jamgood
On our wavelength

Same problem here. I've got Google Chrome listed 3 times in my devices and blocked from changing any until 01/01/2021. Absolutely ridiculous. Nothing has changed on my PC. The cookies thing is nonsense and doesn't work. My phone and tablet sometimes connect but very rarely does the content play. Usually unavailable.

I can feel a cancellation coming on very shortly and going back to Sky. Virgin TV has seriously gone down the pan.