cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Go registered devices

ModTeam

Hello,

We’ve been made aware of an issue with TV Go where you’re unable to watch on a device that has been registered even though it has been used before on PC or MacBook. This can cause all slots and changes for the month to be used. You’re currently allowed 5 devices with 3 changes per month. 

This is caused when the cookies and cache for TV Go are removed / deleted. This is not a fault and is working as expected. To avoid the situation you simply need to change the settings on your browser to keep the cookies active for TV Go.

Many thanks,

Your Community Moderators

167 REPLIES 167

I escalated the issue through various layers of technical help to no avail, so I asked for it to be treated as a formal complaint. They gave me a complaint number, but no response after 2 weeks, so I’ve gone into the Virgin Media web site and raised a second complaint where they claim a response in 48h. That time is up tomorrow!

This issue has been going on for many weeks, possibly months, so various pandemic related issues really should have been negated by now. I think everyone has factored in these difficulties and been more than patient, yet still no word from Virgin on what has, is and will be done.

Just waited 1 hour and 5 mins on an answer to the helpline, phone sitting on my desk next to me on loudspeaker (music ok) and after 1 hour 5 mins it appears I have been cut off !!!!!!!! Really ??? 

aderuk
On our wavelength

Can somebody please explain how to do this please for Chrome,  I don't have faith it will work but worth a shot. Thanks

"To avoid the situation you simply need to change the settings on your browser to keep the cookies active for TV Go."

Hi 

There is this Virgin Media - Virgin TV Go snippet - on systems and browsers: 

https://www.virginmedia.com/snippets/comps-and-browsers

For Chrome the instructions are likely to be similar to:

1. Click on the ... (three dots) to the right of the address bar
2. Click on Settings
3. Click on Privacy and security in the left hand menu pane
4. Click on Cookies and other site data
5. Set the Clear cookies and site data when you quit Chrome toggle switch to the left position, ie off
6. For Sites that can always use cookies click the Add button
7. Enter [*.]virginmedia.com in the pop-up dialog box, then click on the Add button

Regards
Mark

As expected, due to TVGO not working properly, I have lost all of my Wish Lists, Series Links and Thumb Ratings from my old V6 box. The boxes were swapped on 11th November and I was assured by various Virgin representatives that the issue with the app would be resolved before the 14 day window closed. It wasn't.

I am always impressed with the new ways Virgin demonstrate their incompetence and lack of ability to support their customers.

mike9871
Joining in

Hi,

I am currently having issues with registered devices.  The device I am using is listed twice, but still not able to access (error says device isn't registered) and I have run out of changes to try to add (again).  Waited for an hour to speak to the help desk and they said they couldn't help.

Any suggestions.

Thanks

Hi Mike 9871

If you manage to get your account reset (you may be lucky and get one of the VM moderators on here to do it for you) - try the fix in my post which should be close to the top of the first page as I have bumped it from page 4

_Cush
Tuning in

Hi

what's the process of requesting a device reset?  Do I need to start my own thread?

I only ever use Chrome on my PC, and now all 5 slots are taken with the same device but still won't let me on!  I don't do anything like clearing cookies whatever that is.

thanks

aderuk
On our wavelength

Given up now too frustrating, followed the advice about cookie settings, sadly not done anything. I am up to the 5 devices ,4 of which are the same google chrome.As soon as I click to register it goes back to register this device. Complete load of B******S, never had this issue till a couple of months ago and fed up with wasting my time on it. Why can't VM just fix it and stop passing the buck back to the customer.