cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Go registered devices

ModTeam

Hello,

We’ve been made aware of an issue with TV Go where you’re unable to watch on a device that has been registered even though it has been used before on PC or MacBook. This can cause all slots and changes for the month to be used. You’re currently allowed 5 devices with 3 changes per month. 

This is caused when the cookies and cache for TV Go are removed / deleted. This is not a fault and is working as expected. To avoid the situation you simply need to change the settings on your browser to keep the cookies active for TV Go.

Many thanks,

Your Community Moderators

167 REPLIES 167

arrgee1991
Problem sorter

@ModTeam wrote:

Hello,

We’ve been made aware of an issue with TV Go where you’re unable to watch on a device that has been registered even though it has been used before on PC or MacBook. This can cause all slots and changes for the month to be used. You’re currently allowed 5 devices with 3 changes per month. 

This is caused when the cookies and cache for TV Go are removed / deleted. This is not a fault and is working as expected. To avoid the situation you simply need to change the settings on your browser to keep the cookies active for TV Go.

Many thanks,

Your Community Moderators

This is not the case.  On numerous occasions this has happened to me with numerous browsers (Edge, Chrome, Internet Explorer). I did not delete cookies. Simply using the same browser a second time causes a forced device replacement.

Also this month the Window 10 app was closed which forced two device changes.  And my iPad app had to be re-registered, despite there been no means of removing cookies.

Also it is very disingenuous to blame customers.  This does not happen with Now TV nor Netflix nor Amazon Prime nor GAAGO nor iPlayer nor ITV Hub nor All 4.  The workaround of changing setting purely for TV Go is nonsense, and you haven’t provided any guidance on how to do so for TV Go.

Two recent examples. Edge replaced by itself, no cookies removed.

Untitled.pngIPad replaced by itself. No cookies can be removed from iPad app. 3of4.png

I completely agree with arrgee1991 I've only ever had problems with the Virgin app, every other tv service works flawlessly. I'm also having the same issues with my device being re-registered every time I try the app. I now need my device list reset. I don't know if this will work but I've just added virginmedia.com and virgintvgo.virginmedia.com to my private browsing exclusions in Kaspersky. I'm locked out for now so can't say if this works till Virgin reset my devices. I also can't rename my devices using any of my browsers but reading various posts this issue has been going on for a very long time. Up until about a month ago everything was working perfectly with the old windows 10 app but with the new one I've had issues. My laptop also had a windows update and a new version of Kaspersky installed around the same time so I'm not sure if this was the cause.

R_Wilde
On our wavelength

thank you,  can you explain why/how the Android App which assumably isnt connected to the browsers cache loses/deletes its cookies?

where do i turn the delete off in there?

very fed up this....   failure to login repeatedly,  randomly asking to sign in while playing, and seemingly random 'replace device' requests to replace itself while access has already been allowed.  --- doesnt look like a 'cookie thing' only.

football tonight.... how can i get your software to work in time?

thanking you.

JimBuc
Joining in

Do you not think if you have to mess around with browser settings And it goes wrong whenever a browser updates and it’s causing your customers loads of problem you should switch it off until it’s fixed properly or do you not care about customer satisfaction? 

this forum has a 20 page thread of customers having the same problem and your response is deeply unsatisfying. 

also your helpdesk guys aren’t very helpful or aren’t aware about resetting the device setting so your customers can use the tv go app as advertised. 

ro55co
On our wavelength

A quick look at the 'check status' updates shows:

We know of an issue in your area
Customers unable to manage devices on TVGO affecting IOS, Android and Desk Top users. We are sorry about this, our engineers are looking at fixing this as soon as possible.

Fix estimate 29 October 10:20

So bring on 10.20am and lets hope this is a 'final' fix, and we can all get back to normal viewing again.

Sarg
Joining in

Like others TV GO shows the same device multiple times capping me out and stopping me from deleting the device until the next period. Sadly the only thing that does work is to ring the help line, wait for 40+ mins listening to dodgy loud music then explaining the problem (surprisingly always seems new to them) and then asking them to reset/delete all your devices so you can start again. Make sure you allow plenty of time before you want to watch live sport! Can’t understand why Virgin aren’t putting any effort into solving the problem and even claim it’s working as intended.

markyp89
Tuning in

I have been unable to watch TV go on my computer now for  2 weeks. Before that I had no issues. I have only ever used two devices yet I am told I have 5 devices registered and cannot change them until tomorrow. 

I am not an IT whizz and just want to watch the football again on my computer so that my wife can happily watch TV in the lounge. I am bewildered as to why after never having an issue, now I do. The advice being given on here is no doubt sensible, but it may well be in Latin for how much I can understand!

Please reset the system for me so that I can again do what I always was doing!

I've had this issue now for the last three months, says I have 5 devices registered, I've not changed anything but can't get my Mac to work. Get 3 attempts to change things then get locked out for a month, getting sick of this now.
Tried phoning Virgin numerous times and just get put on hold for so long I get fed up of trying. Finally managed to speak to someone on Saturday morning after a 30 + minute wait on hold, explained the problem and got transferred to the 'Rescue Team' then ended up on hold again, eventually the battery ran out on my phone.
Just tried changing things again tonight and low and behold, I'm locked out again until next month.
Website says you can delete devices and rename them, well you know what Virgin, you can't.....!!!!
Been with Virgin since the Telewest days, have to say customer service is the worst I've ever experienced

I just want all my devices reset so I can hopefully start again, but I reckon I've got more chance of getting the Queen pregnant.

Can somebody from Virgin please sort this problem out?