cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Go on laptop sound only

danearl
Tuning in

When I watch live TV on the laptop I only get sound and a frozen picture.  I have signed in & out and reinstalled the app but it still doesn't work.  It works okay on my iphone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @danearl 

I've just had a quick forum search 

In Edge please try turning the "Use Hardware Acceleration when available" function to off.

It's under Settings > System & performance >  System  - that worked for another poster with your issue last week <<< here >>> 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

danearl
Tuning in
I can watch from the beginning of the programme okay, it's just live TV.

Hi danearl, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the TVGO service. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having an issue with the picture. 

Does this happen with multiple browsers and if you access in incognito mode?

Chris 

It happens in Edge and in the app itself.  I'm not using private or incognito mode.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @danearl,

Thanks for coming back to us about this ongoing issue. Can you confirm if you've tried private or incognito mode? Has the App worked then?

Have you tried to access the TVGO App on different devices as well? Take a look and let us know.

Thanks! 🙂 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Private mode doesn't work. The app works on my iphone just not the laptop. I get a frozen picture and sound. If I swap between inset picture and back to full screen the picture up dates but stays frozen. It used to all work fine but it just started having this problem the other week. I can watch something if I can select to to watch it from the beginning if that option is available. Is this a cookie issue as the laptop did a clean of cookies about the same time?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @danearl 

Have you tried using a browser other than Edge on the laptop?

There is no longer a Windows Store TVGO app, however Windows devices can use the website, and install the web app that is offered when visiting the website. 

Go to the following page, scroll down and click on the "Visit TV GO online" icon which will take you to the webpage to register and install the web app.

https://www.virginmedia.com/tv/broadband/go-control 

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I was using TV Go in Edge and downloaded the app offered from the TV Go website, I didn't install it from the Windows Store. I don't want to install another browser. It was working perfectly until recently.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @danearl 

I've just had a quick forum search 

In Edge please try turning the "Use Hardware Acceleration when available" function to off.

It's under Settings > System & performance >  System  - that worked for another poster with your issue last week <<< here >>> 

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Thanks. That was the problem.