cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Go on a Fire Stick

matananin
Joining in

Will we be able to download the TV go app on an Amazon Firestick?

If not, why not? 

25 REPLIES 25

radoslav91
On our wavelength

Hi everyone,

Can anyone say of I will be able to install the tv go app and sky sports app on a fire stick and be able to watch live tv on bug screen? Just moved to a new house and didn't plan for a tv in the bedroom and want to get away without having to pull for an additional box. Also in terms of quality will I get a decent picture if I’m able to watch tv on the fire stick thorough on of those apps.

Hi radoslav91,

Thanks for posting 🙂

You can find a list of all available devices for TVGO here

Alex_Rm

I appreciate your answer, but still doesn’t answer the question. I know the app is available for both iOS & Android, but are there restrictions that wont allow me to stream live tv on a large screen? Wont be used everyday or as a main source of tv, just want to be able to watch the football or some tv when the other tv is not available. Before someone tells me to get a second box, I have virgin at my old address, but they are not available as the new one is a new build and can only have other providers. 

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
The apps will only work if you have active Virgin TV services.

If you can't get Virgin TV where you live, then once your old account closes the apps won't work
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

radoslav91
On our wavelength

My family will continue living at the property and keep using Virgin services. I was wondering if a internet connection of around 50Mb will be sufficient should I’m able to use the tv go app to be able to stream live tv smoothly?

Hello radoslav91

50Mb is okay for 

• Browsing the internet
  • Streaming HD/4K TV, movies and music
  • Gaming and hosting games
  • Connecting 10-12 devices
  • Running a small, home office

But may struggle with 

• Multiple UHD (4K) streams
  • Running a busy gaming server
  • Running a large company server
  • Large amounts of uploading