cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Go not working on windows laptop

sas1
Joining in

I have been using Chrome as a browser

I cleared the cache, added Virgin TV go to allow cookies and pop-ups but still getting the message still cannot play at the moment.

Also due to their issues on changing the allowed devices then there are only 3 attempts a month!

47 REPLIES 47

Hey @Jb_mac8,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with TV go at the moment, how many devices do you currently have attached to the TV go app?

Has the app ever worked on your laptop with Windows 10? Have you recently cleared your cookies and cache?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi 

it works fine on my I phone

did not work on my windows 10 on chrome so cleared history and cashe then tried again, which was then logged as another device. (This made 3 devices used)

Worked fine on my wife’s windows 10 using edge (4th device)

tried again on my computer on edge- did not work but recognized as device 5. 

Hi Jb_mac8, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

Just to double check, can you confirm the follow for us please?

• The browsers you are using, are these all up to date with no updates pending?
  • Are there any Windows updates pending on your laptop?
  • Do you have any anti-virus or malware programme running? If so can you disable this, reboot the laptop and try again to see if this does allow the programmes to play? 

Pop back and let us know so we can help further. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi - I am wondering if you ever found a solution? I have the exact same issue. Thanks, Jane

I have finally solved this - my laptop hadn't updated the time after daylight savings change at end of March - after changing the time, the virgintvgo site works 🙂  Hope this is helpful for someone!

I had the same issue,, updated the time and now can finally watch virgin TV on laptop

Have tried on Firefox and edge

no windows updates pending

could be antivirus or anti malware, will need to try with these off or disabled but a bit more complicated as I’ll need our IT team to do this- it’s a company machine. I will update when done

thanks for your help. 

Hi sas1, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. I am glad to see that you have now been able to watch this via the laptop and please do let us know if anything changes? Have a good rest of the week - Chris