cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Go not playing saved TV360 saved content on laptop

GrumpyCSP
Tuning in

I've registered my laptop. I can play live tv on the laptop. However when I try to play saved content from my home TV360 setup it gives me only 2 options: Play on TV or Edit recording. There is no option to play it on the laptop. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Recordings should stream to any phone or tablet that 1) Has the TV Go app installed & 2) is connected to the same home WiFi network as the V360 box.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

GrumpyCSP
Tuning in
I should add that it is a Windows11 laptop. I can't get saved stuff to play in either web (Chrome) TV Go or the TV Go app on the laptop.

Hi GrumpyCSP, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with watching saved content through the TV Go website. As it stands, you can stream recordings through to the TV Go app but you are unable to watch them through the browser. 

If you download the TV Go app to a mobile or tablet device then does this work for you?

Pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes, I'm sitting on a train and I can view saved items on my phone via sim data (not wi-fi). Thanks for your advice.

Hi GrumpyCSP. 

Thanks for getting back to us and letting us know that this has worked for you. Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

• Whilst I am very appreciative of the help and advice from the team, your assessment that the problem has been sorted is far from correct. The answer to the problem I was enquiring about is: no it's not possible to watch TV360 saved items using TV Go (or any other method) on a laptop. It is necessary to use hardware with its own SIM card. This I now understand. I don't like it though🙄. Thanks for advising me.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Recordings should stream to any phone or tablet that 1) Has the TV Go app installed & 2) is connected to the same home WiFi network as the V360 box.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

• Yes. Thanks for that. As I was on holiday in a UK holiday rental I was not on the same WiFi network as the V360 box. I was expecting too much of the technology. Maybe one day.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@GrumpyCSP wrote:
  • Yes. Thanks for that. As I was on holiday in a UK holiday rental I was not on the same WiFi network as the V360 box. I was expecting too much of the technology. Maybe one day.

Nothing to do with the technology, which is quite capable of doing this. The broadcasters that have the rights to the programmes you record DON’T WANT you to have the facility to do it.

V360 is capable of cloud recording content, & does so in other countries in Europe. In the UK & Ireland the units have to utilise an inbuilt hard drive, & anything on that hard drive is only licensed by the broadcasters to be viewed within the property it resides.

Hi there @GtumpyCSP

Thank you so much for popping back to us. I just wanted to come back and say a big thank you to @nodrodg for their answer here that appears to have given you the explanation needed. 

Is this all resolved for you now? 

Thank you again.