cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Go device registration - Google Chrome

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

You may still be experiencing issues with Google Chrome registering a new device on your TV Go profile each time you use it. This isn't the intended behaviour, for the best experience we recommend not clearing cache/cookies for TV Go after each session.

If you do clear your cache and cookies then the next time you use TV Go it will present as a new device. Clearing cache and cookies is recommended from time to tiime, but since you can only make 3 changes per month then doing so with each session will result in multiple registrations and the possibility of using all of your permitted changes.

If you're still seeing duplicate registrations with Google Chrome, but aren't clearing cache/cookies or using incognito mode, then please respond with the following so our team can investigate:

• Approximately when did the problem start?
  • The model and version/OS of the device and browser causing this issue
  • Do you manually clear cache/cookies or have a program that does this after each session?
  • Does it happen more than 3 times per month? (Meaning you need our help to get additional reset slots)

If you're not affected by this issue but still need a device reset, please create a new post and we'll be in touch.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

185 REPLIES 185

Hi @spressy,

To confirm, it's only the one device that appears to be impacted by this issue? Are all three of the "My Computer" devices listed there the same impacted device, or are these all different devices?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Dear Zach_R,

Indeed you are correct, the three entries for my computer are for the same machine.

The first entry is for when I was advised to try Microsoft Edge as the browser, the other two are when I reverted to Google Chrome.

Kind Regards  Spressy.

Hi @spressy, thanks for your reply to us once again.

It would appear as things stand, the only thing we can do for the moment is to completely reset all of your devices to 0 so you can re-register your laptop again.

The only catch is of course, is you'll need to register your other devices again too but this should only take a moment.

Please let me know if you'd like me to do this and if so, I'll drop you a PM to discuss this in further detail.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom,

Could you please also do this for me please?

Yes you can do so, however this is not the first time they have been reset and as you will no doubt appreciate, I and many others find it such a chore to have to do this, particularly in respect of the fact that we had not had any problems in the past.

Also having the same issue with 5 devices registered under chrome, tried phoning support but they dont know what the go Tv app is and tried to say it was because of an engineer visit next month.....

If anyone could help it wold be appreciated.

Dear Kello,

You are not alone. The Tv Go app is not dependent on an engineer visit, it is an issue with the App itself and its' compatibility with the browser.

You will find that from this forum an agent will reset your TV Go app, it doesn't solve the problem but does give you a little more time on the App.

I have found that if I want to watch a Sky program, if I access the program directly from the Sky app (not the Virgin TV Go app) it doesn't affect the registration, but I am afraid it only works for Sky programs.

I hope the powers that be are on the case, they have had enough complaints.

Hi Kello, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community although I am sorry to hear about the issues you have been having. 

If you're seeing duplicate registrations with Google Chrome, but aren't clearing cache/cookies or using incognito mode, then please pop back to us with the following so our team can investigate:

• Approximately when did the problem start?
  • The model and version/OS of the device and browser causing this issue
  • Do you manually clear cache/cookies or have a program that does this after each session?
  • Does it happen more than 3 times per month? (Meaning you need our help to get additional reset slots)

In the meantime I can get your devices reset for you but to do this I will need to pass data protection with you. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi all, 

I have the same issue. 

I am using Chrome 100.0.4896.127 

I use this multiple times a month and I do not manually clear my cookies/cache. 

Hi @RD2016

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you are having similar issues with your TV go. We want to best help from here. 

You may find the following link useful https://www.virginmedia.com/help/tv/how-to-use-virgin-tv-go-app. Also, if you are looking to reset your devices, I would be happy to help with this. Please lookout for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs