cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Go device registration - Google Chrome

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

You may still be experiencing issues with Google Chrome registering a new device on your TV Go profile each time you use it. This isn't the intended behaviour, for the best experience we recommend not clearing cache/cookies for TV Go after each session.

If you do clear your cache and cookies then the next time you use TV Go it will present as a new device. Clearing cache and cookies is recommended from time to tiime, but since you can only make 3 changes per month then doing so with each session will result in multiple registrations and the possibility of using all of your permitted changes.

If you're still seeing duplicate registrations with Google Chrome, but aren't clearing cache/cookies or using incognito mode, then please respond with the following so our team can investigate:

• Approximately when did the problem start?
  • The model and version/OS of the device and browser causing this issue
  • Do you manually clear cache/cookies or have a program that does this after each session?
  • Does it happen more than 3 times per month? (Meaning you need our help to get additional reset slots)

If you're not affected by this issue but still need a device reset, please create a new post and we'll be in touch.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

185 REPLIES 185

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @spressy 

I hope you find this post by myself useful as a workaround. 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/Device-level-reached 

It seems to affect those Chrome more than other browsers, probably because of the frequent Chrome version updates.

I don't know if it's at all possible but think it would be better if VM could organise or link in the TVGo app with a users set top box and device MAC addresses to validate the user and the app.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Dear Newapollo,

Thanks for your suggestion, I will give it a try.

I agree with your suggestion that some sort of validation on the box would be a lot better.

Will the add-on stop a program such as Ccleaner from deleting the required files.

Kind Regards Stuart Preston.

Dear Newapollo,

I have tried adding the vanilla extension but to no avail.

I have switched on this morning and I have now exceeded (again) my registered devices.

Kind Regards   Spressy

Roomster
On our wavelength

Hi Spressy, do you not have MS Edge. I've had no trouble since only using that to watch

on my laptop.

Dave 

masud95
Joining in
  • Approximately when did the problem start? 4 months ago at least
  • The model and version/OS of the device and browser causing this issue? dell inspiron laptop 
  • Do you manually clear cache/cookies or have a program that does this after each session? no
  • Does it happen more than 3 times per month? (Meaning you need our help to get additional reset slots) yes

Hi Can you please help with my tv go device registration issue? it keeps asking me to register the same device (i.e. my lapop) despite me not clearing cache/cookies

thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi masud95,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

Sorry for any issues faced with TVGo, can I ask has this affected all devices connected to the account?

Let us know,

Kain

Hi Kain,

My phone is ok but my laptop is where the issue is... eveytime i log on to my tvgo account to access channels it asks me register the device so much so that it now says Ive reached the limit for this month. now im unable to access via my laptop

Dear Roomster,

I have Microsoft edge but that seems to have the same problem.

Edge.jpg

Hi Spressy, thank you for coming back to us.

Are you using a VPN at all?

If you can please try installing Chrome or Firefox to see if the issue also persists across these browsers?

When you look at your 'registered devices' does the same laptop / device appear multiple times under the same name? Would you be able to screenshot and send us this also? This will be super helpful if we need to raise an IT ticket for you regarding this. 

Let us know how you get on. All the best!

Molly

Dear Molly T,

I am not using a VPN when accessing TV Go.

I first experienced the problem when using Chrome and normally use Chrome but tried Edge on advice of a forum member.

I have added a screenshot of my registered devices.

In the past I had no trouble with the app using Chrome.

The device I seem to have problems with My Computer is a desktop PC.

Kind Regards,  Spressy.TV Go.jpg