cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Go device registration - Google Chrome

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

You may still be experiencing issues with Google Chrome registering a new device on your TV Go profile each time you use it. This isn't the intended behaviour, for the best experience we recommend not clearing cache/cookies for TV Go after each session.

If you do clear your cache and cookies then the next time you use TV Go it will present as a new device. Clearing cache and cookies is recommended from time to tiime, but since you can only make 3 changes per month then doing so with each session will result in multiple registrations and the possibility of using all of your permitted changes.

If you're still seeing duplicate registrations with Google Chrome, but aren't clearing cache/cookies or using incognito mode, then please respond with the following so our team can investigate:

• Approximately when did the problem start?
  • The model and version/OS of the device and browser causing this issue
  • Do you manually clear cache/cookies or have a program that does this after each session?
  • Does it happen more than 3 times per month? (Meaning you need our help to get additional reset slots)

If you're not affected by this issue but still need a device reset, please create a new post and we'll be in touch.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

185 REPLIES 185

Hi there @robgibbens89

I'm so sorry to hear that we did not pick this up yesterday, but we can definitely look into this now! 

I will send you a PM now so we can reset this, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner. 

Thank you.

if you send this as a private message i might reply. otherwise, no im not giving those details on a public forum. 

Dear Ash,

I have already had a reset of my TV Go and this has not solved the registration problem.

Kind Regards  Spressy

My apologies @robgibbens89 

This was supposed to be a PM thank you for not responding, I will send you the PM now. 

Thanks again.

Hi there @spressy

Thank you for your post and I am so sorry to hear that you have also faced this issue! 

I'd be happy to take a closer look into this with you as well and will send you a PM so we can arrange this.

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you

PeteMead
Dialled in

Been having this problem now for a few weeks. Not working on Chrome (Windows 10), works fine on tablet (Android Version 10) but not sure about other browsers as I cannot change device to find out!

Not cleared cache for sometime now so that is not an issue and  device management shows 3 duplicate registrations for Chrome with no changes allowed for another 8 days.

Please reset changes so I am able to watch cricket. 

Roomster
On our wavelength

Hi Pete, I had just the same problem and only using the MS Edge browser has cured it for me. A techy will need to reset you though. 

Roomster.

Thx, will probably switch to Edge once it has been reset, hopefully soon

Dear Pete,

I agree it is nice to have the Edge option, but I am sure that If (and I assume they are) Google is aware that there is the potential of many Chrome users migrating to Edge, that the solution would appear pretty quickly.

Hi,
Yes I am sure they would but am not too sure that it is a problem with Chrome, more a problem with VM TV Go itself as this is an ongoing issue over the years.

Still waiting to hear from anyone from VM about resetting