cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Go device registration - Google Chrome

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

You may still be experiencing issues with Google Chrome registering a new device on your TV Go profile each time you use it. This isn't the intended behaviour, for the best experience we recommend not clearing cache/cookies for TV Go after each session.

If you do clear your cache and cookies then the next time you use TV Go it will present as a new device. Clearing cache and cookies is recommended from time to tiime, but since you can only make 3 changes per month then doing so with each session will result in multiple registrations and the possibility of using all of your permitted changes.

If you're still seeing duplicate registrations with Google Chrome, but aren't clearing cache/cookies or using incognito mode, then please respond with the following so our team can investigate:

• Approximately when did the problem start?
  • The model and version/OS of the device and browser causing this issue
  • Do you manually clear cache/cookies or have a program that does this after each session?
  • Does it happen more than 3 times per month? (Meaning you need our help to get additional reset slots)

If you're not affected by this issue but still need a device reset, please create a new post and we'll be in touch.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

185 REPLIES 185

Thanks Roomster will have a go.

Just had a thought, it is difficult to install SILK browser on a Windows 10 desktop.

Will hope that Virgin find a solution because there are a lot of people who use Google Chrome, coupled with the fact that it used to work OK before.

Kind Regards.

Roomster
On our wavelength

Sorry spressy, brain fade I think. I meant to say Microsoft edge.

I opened up VirginTV go and put it on my favourites.

Will give that a try, thanks again.

Hey @spressy,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having, are you still having the issues or has the advice from @Roomster, helped get you back into your TV go account?

Regards,

Steven_L

Roomster
On our wavelength

Steven_L, It sort of is more a work around to than the issue being solved. Having had no replies to my original plea for a reset and and advice and having no replies I waited for the required time for an automatic reset and tried using MS Edge. It has certainly worked for me. 🙂

Dear Steven-L,

I have tried using Bing and still get the same message that I have exceeded my changes till next month. I noticed that my desktop PC was listed twice before and when I changed to my "NEW" pc the two entries still remained the same and did not change. I think that as Roomster said, it is poor that the system worked before on Google and suddenly stopped working. Is it a Google update or an update from your end. There will be a lot of disgruntled customers who are paying top dollar who use Google Chrome (doesn't everyone?). I assume there are people on the case and hope a resolution will appear soon.

Kind Regards  spressy

Thanks for coming back to us @spressy, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you, to see if there is anything that I can do on our system to get this resolved but would need to send a few details over via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming that @spressy, I have now reset your TV go app, please can you now try to login and setup your devices again.

Please let me know if you have any further issues.

Regards,

Steven_L

Dear Steven-L,

Thanks for resetting my TV Go. All seems fine now, I couldn't access Sky sports from the app but have seen that there has been an outstanding fault

for that in my area. (Still to be resolved)

I tried turning off my PC (Desktop) which was the troublesome computer and on switch on again, I am not experiencing the register the device screen!

Thanks Again   Kind Regards  Spressy.