cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Go device registration - Google Chrome

GeorgeGHR
Tuning in

Despite not clearing cookies and only using 1 device, Virgin TV Go is not recognising the device and has duplicated it 4 times meaning that the maximum registered devices has been reached. I am using a Microsoft Surface 2 Laptop and this has only happened recently. I'm currently unable to use the app due to this!

5 REPLIES 5

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi GeorgeGHR,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We do apologise that our TVGO service has registered 4 times on the same device.

Can we ask if you have been able to log in to your online account and delete this device off? You can use the link here https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/en/settings/device-management.html

If you experience any difficulties doing this, we can remove reset your device manually from our end if needed for you. 

Please try the above and come back to us if any further help is required.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hey Jodi_S,

Thanks so much for the response!

Sadly, it's saying that none of the devices can be replaced until November, despite not having replaced any of them (at least intentionally). 

It would be great if you could manually remove all instanced of "My Computer - Google Chrome" on my behalf.

Thanks and have a great day!

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey GeaorgeGHR, thanks for this reply. 
Sorry to see that you're getting this message that does not allow you to make more changes on the devices registered to the TVGo App.
In this instance, we could help by resetting the devices for you so you can re-register from scratch as we do not have the option to manually add and remove these individually.
Please, let us know if you wish us to proceed in such a way, happy to assist.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hey Adri_G,

That sounds great! Please DM me so we can get this resolved. Thanks for the assistance! 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the reply back and for confirming this, GeorgeGHR.

I am happy to assist you, to look into this further, I'm going to send you a PM. 
Please check the top-right corner of our forum and you should see a purple envelope. Click this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs