cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Go device registration - Google Chrome

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

You may still be experiencing issues with Google Chrome registering a new device on your TV Go profile each time you use it. This isn't the intended behaviour, for the best experience we recommend not clearing cache/cookies for TV Go after each session.

If you do clear your cache and cookies then the next time you use TV Go it will present as a new device. Clearing cache and cookies is recommended from time to tiime, but since you can only make 3 changes per month then doing so with each session will result in multiple registrations and the possibility of using all of your permitted changes.

If you're still seeing duplicate registrations with Google Chrome, but aren't clearing cache/cookies or using incognito mode, then please respond with the following so our team can investigate:

• Approximately when did the problem start?
  • The model and version/OS of the device and browser causing this issue
  • Do you manually clear cache/cookies or have a program that does this after each session?
  • Does it happen more than 3 times per month? (Meaning you need our help to get additional reset slots)

If you're not affected by this issue but still need a device reset, please create a new post and we'll be in touch.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

185 REPLIES 185

I too am unable to use the app anymore as i have 5 devices linked to my chrome browser and it wont let me use it? Please can someone help?

Hi Admartin679,

It appears the only "solution" at present is for a Virgin Media Agent to reset your registration. This will allow you to add devices from scratch, 

but doesn't provide a permanent solution.

Hope this helps (a little)

Kind Regards   Spressy

Good Morning @admartin679, check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

falopsy
Joining in

Please I am having the same issue. Can you help me to reset it. Thank you.

Hi falopsy,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues with TVGO.

So I can take a closer look at this for you I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

ialgie
On our wavelength

Hi

Same problem here, can they be reset please?

Thanks

Thanks for popping your details over via private message falopsy 🙂

Glad I was able to resolve this.

Alex_Rm

I have a problem with device registration. Added a new one yesterday which did not work and now not allowed to make any changes

Hi there, same problem for me.. Has only started doing it this month. 

I checked my devices and I have 4 google chromes which will need resetting if anyone can help me?

Thanks 

Hi @blockfire

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

I can help re set your TV GO devices 🙂

I will send you a private message so I can obtain some further details from you securely.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide