cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Go device registration - Google Chrome

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)

You may still be experiencing issues with Google Chrome registering a new device on your TV Go profile each time you use it. This isn't the intended behaviour, for the best experience we recommend not clearing cache/cookies for TV Go after each session.

If you do clear your cache and cookies then the next time you use TV Go it will present as a new device. Clearing cache and cookies is recommended from time to tiime, but since you can only make 3 changes per month then doing so with each session will result in multiple registrations and the possibility of using all of your permitted changes.

If you're still seeing duplicate registrations with Google Chrome, but aren't clearing cache/cookies or using incognito mode, then please respond with the following so our team can investigate:

• Approximately when did the problem start?
  • The model and version/OS of the device and browser causing this issue
  • Do you manually clear cache/cookies or have a program that does this after each session?
  • Does it happen more than 3 times per month? (Meaning you need our help to get additional reset slots)

If you're not affected by this issue but still need a device reset, please create a new post and we'll be in touch.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

185 REPLIES 185

briangoodsir
Joining in

Hi Guys,

It has happened again, reached device limit.  Why does it do this??? i am using the same PC with the same browser using the same app to connect so why does it say i have used diff devices and reached a limit, surely this is something that virgin media can do away with especially when likes of myself on a VIP package costing £153 a month and I cannot even watch it on my pc from the dedicated tvgo app.

Sorry for the rant but can you do your magic again for me and clear them, i would be ever so grateful.

Many Thanks, again

BrianG

Screenshot (1).png

Hi @briangoodsir thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry you're having repeat issues with your TV Go service.  I will drop you a quick private message.

Regards

Lee

Kev_B

Hi @briangoodsir 

Apologies for the ongoing TV Go issues, could you confirm the following for me please so our team can investigate the issue:

• Approximately when did the problem start?
  • What browser version are you using on your PC?
  • Do you have your browser set to clear cache & cookies after each session, or are you doing this manually at all?
  • When was the last time it happened? Is it happening more than 3 times per month?
Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi Kev_B,
I use Opera browser and have done for years but this device debacle only started within the last year. I have tried using chrome, Explorer and Edge but it happens with them all. Everytime i sign in it asks for to choose to replace a device, so yes this is happening more and more especially as me being wheelchair bound i am using my pc more and more to watch tv apps, due to limitations of getting around the house and cant afford a third box as I am paying £153 a month as it is. As for clearing cache or cookies my browsers are only set to clear history after every use, could this be causing this issue?? Although I have done this for years as used to have access to last place of employment and had to clear history from browsers but didnt have this issue with watching tv app, it seems its only since they upgraded/changed the tvgo app.
I hope this helps.
BrianG

Hi @briangoodsir,

Thanks for replying with this info.

I'm afraid Opera browser is not supported and we're in the process of implementing a message within the app to advise customer of this when attempting to access the site with it.

Would you mind trying Chrome and Edge again and let us know if you're are still seeing the issue?

If so, please include which browser and version number.

Thanks,

Michael_JK
Community Moderator

BruceMalcolm
Tuning in

Hi, I have started having this problem today. Am a regular user of the service and last used yesterday. I can't open any of the TV channels as it says I've reached my limit of 5. 2 of these are for 'My Computer - Google Chrome' and one of those also has '(current device' as I'd expect. But it doesn't seem to recognise that this is my current device and says I have to wait 26 days to replace any of the 5 devices.

How do I get this cleared?

Hi BruceMalcolm thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry to hear you're having issues with accessing TV Go.  Have you covered all the points made by my colleague in the 'sticky note' and do they not cover your situation?

Regards

Lee_R

Hi, yes I've seen the note but still having the problem. I'm not doing anything different from usual, but not been able to use the service on my laptop the last couple of days. Too many devices registered.

Can you please clear this?

Bruce.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi BruceMalcom,

Thanks for your reply.

Have you checked your registered devices? What does this advise?

Do you mean by clear it.

Zoie