Menu
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 11 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Go and Sky Sports Problems

Hi Jondoc25,

Just to let you know I have replied to your message here.

Thanks

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Fredup
Tuning in
Message 12 of 38
Flag for a moderator

The only advantage that the Full House package has over Sky is the access to the BT Sport channels.There are occasions when there is a worthwhile live game on both so TV Go should allow the other Sport channel to be watched as well but the reliability problem with the Sky Sports app is rearing its ugly head too often.

0 Kudos
Steviepnufc
Joining in
Message 13 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Getting annoyed. Every time I try to go to Sky Sports, I get the same error message  VM haven't got a clue (Facebook chat) .Does anyone have a real fix for this? I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling but now difference. Every other channel is fine  just SS! Screenshot_20180529-112728.png

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steviepnufc,

Thanks for posting on the community and I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with the Sky app.

First I would just like to check what device you're using?

Are you seeing this error as soon as you sign in or when you try to watch something?

Speak soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Steviepnufc
Joining in
Message 15 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose, 

Thanks for your reply  The device is a Galaxy S7 and it only happens when I attempt to access sky sports. All other channels play without error. I  choose the channel, follow the 'exit to watch' instruction and that's when the error shows..

Any ideas? 

Regards 

Steve 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 16 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steviepnufc,

Thank you for taking time to post back in the Community.

I'm really sorry to hear you are having trouble with the Sky sports app. Thank you for confirming its only Sky Sports app that you are having this error message with.

I would like to raise a ticket on your account for this so it can be investigated further.

Can you please provide me with the OS version your device is running on?

Have you been able to test this is working with a different device at all?

I would also need some account information to log this ticket for you. I have sent you a private message. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
Smudgermini
Joining in
Message 17 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Up to 2 weeks ago I could watch Sky Sports via the App on my iPad. Recently I have been getting the “unexpected error. Oops something went wrong. please try again” . I have deleted and reinstalled the app, updated my iOS to 12, logged out and back in and reset my iPad. As a last resort I checked the number of devices registered (same 2 as before) and then deleted my iPad, intending to re register it. Now I can’t re register it and can find no way of doing so.
If I access the Sky Sports App all goes well until I click on the wee white arrow to actually play a programme when I get the error message. sky Sports have referred me to you.
Help!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 18 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Hi Smudgermini, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having this issue Smiley Sad 

Since posting I can see you've been able to add the iPad back. How are things working for you now? 

Do you still need support with this?

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Smudgermini
Joining in
Message 19 of 38
Flag for a moderator

HiKath,
I’m afraid the problem continues. We spent some considerable time online having devices deleted, added, deleted again and then doing the same with the app over and over. There should be 2 iPads able to access the SkySports app, mine and my Dad’s. Even now, when I try to see what devices are registered, I cannot see a ‘manage your sky devices ‘ anywhere on the Virgin TvGo page. I still get onto the App home page, can watch video etc and, upon accessing the live tv page, it tempts me with what is available but as soon as I press play it goes to a black screen with the Unexpected error message.
0 Kudos
Astraken47
Joining in
Message 20 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath

I also can't find Manage my Sky Devices on IOS app, can watch tv on Virgin TV Go on IPad & IPhone and Sky Sports on iPad but can't get Sky Sports on iPhone.- just  a message saying 'Device limit reached  - please contact your service provider to manage your devices'

0 Kudos