cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Go and 360 Box

DuncanClench
On our wavelength

I downloaded the app and signed in using my account email and password. I watched a program and set up profiles for the family. I then selected my favourites in my profile and set up a couple of series records.

I got a message my box was off but it would be updated once I turned it on.

The 360 box has been on a while but none of the profiles set up on the app have updated to it

I noticed that the signed in number on the app differs from my account number - does this have any bearing on it

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi DuncanClench,

The app details also vary from my account number, however  if when in TV Go if you click on Settings > Diagnostics  you will notice that the section named Customer HH is the same number as shown under your account > signed in as , which you would expect to be your account number.

If you go back to Settings > Diagnostics and make a note of the characters next to CPE 1 ID and then on your main box go to Settings > Info > About you will see those details match your main box serial number. Therefore the app is actually paired with the main box serial number and not the account number.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

DuncanClench
On our wavelength

I have now downloaded the TV Control App and signed in with the same email as my account - it says that no compatible boxes were found

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The TV 360 doesn’t use the Virgin TV Control app; all functions are in the Virgin TV Go app.

I have occasionally seen what you describe.

Try connecting to your TV 360 in the Virgin TV Go app, using the icon top right. This sometimes kicks things into life for me.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for that

I have done as suggested and the app is now connected to the box but none of the profiles I set up are showing on the box

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

So the series records you set up on the app appeared on the TV 360 but the profiles didn’t?

I’ve just successfully set up a new profile on the app and it appeared right away on the TV 360 when I pressed the profile button on the side of the remote control.

I would try again setting up the profiles.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

No nothing I set on the app has "sync'd" with the box

Out of curiosity in the app under settings>account and profiles - does it show your account number under "signed in as"?

Its a different number for me

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Signed in as is not your customer number.

I can only suggest a factory reset of the TV 360 through its menu system, choosing the ‘keep recordings’ option.

I assume that the TV 360 itself is working correctly, recording, live TV and all the apps?

Thanks for the reply

I had a protracted chat with customer service who "forced an update" to the box.

Then the box was put into standby mode as I was watching plex on my home network.

I noticed that it partially powered on automatically at the time of a recording I had set on the app.

Before I went to bed I checked my recordings and the program was there - I'll check again later to see if the profiles are there too

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi DuncanClench,

The app details also vary from my account number, however  if when in TV Go if you click on Settings > Diagnostics  you will notice that the section named Customer HH is the same number as shown under your account > signed in as , which you would expect to be your account number.

If you go back to Settings > Diagnostics and make a note of the characters next to CPE 1 ID and then on your main box go to Settings > Info > About you will see those details match your main box serial number. Therefore the app is actually paired with the main box serial number and not the account number.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Looks like whatever they did with the forced update worked

Is there anyway to get the box to load into my profile when it powers on rather than the shared profile?