cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Go (Windows) - unable to show recordings off V6 Box - 'Unknown Error'

g0akc
Problem sorter

I'd like to view recordings off my V6 box using the TV Go 'app' under Windows (this is the browser 'bolt on', not the defunct Windows app).

I can play live channels OK under Windows, and I can play recordings in the Apple iPhone app, but if I try to play recordings under Windows I get an 'Unknown Error' message (or sometimes an unknown URL) either before or after logging in.

The URL appears to be 

https://manage-virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/tivo/ or similar

screenshot attached

g0akc_0-1641822200546.png

Can this be fixed please.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
17 REPLIES 17

Ben, The browser link you have quoted is not working and hasn't been since the weekend here. It's not the issue you have helped me with in the past because I get the same error as the OP when using private browsing. I just get "Ooops something went wrong! Unknown error" graphic.

Everything else on my VM account is working just fine. It's just that website. I use it to review a list of the recodings on the TiVo and delete ones I've already streamed on BBC iPlayer etc.

cheers,

Chris H

I reported the exact same thing about 6 months ago as I wanted to watch a recording on a bigger device than a 6 inch phone. I only have laptop and phone. Had the same issues when doing the manage my TV then on windows.
Ultimately Virgin never replied or confirmed but users on here just said the same as they have now to you. It is clearly an issue but I don't think many have reported it so it's been left to fester.
Even if it did work the users on here said the ability to be able to watch recordings on a laptop stopped quite a while back so I didn't pursue it any further.

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
It's never been possible on a laptop - it's only ever been possible on Android or iOS devices using the mobile app.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

hatfield
Dialled in

Can I remind forum support that the OP said that he was getting the following error on a webpage when following a link from another VM webpage:

hatfield_0-1642525954551.png

This is still the same for me today. This should link through to a list of the recordings on your TiVo. Not to view the recordings but to be able to delete recordings remotely and do a simple edit of existing future recordings even.

I am still getting this error, even on private browsing (see below) and i was wondering if the OP was still getting the same?

hatfield_1-1642526559463.png

Thanks,

Chris H

I still get the same Chris.

It's irritating.  However my immediate need has now gone away since I've borrowed an old TV to use with our V6 box whilst I sort out a problem with our main TV.  I had resorted to the laptop to manage recordings.  I've also managed to get the VM apps working sufficiently on an Android tablet.

Our expensive Samsung TV has failed whilst less than 3 years old - the panel has gone and we are being advised that it cannot be fixed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
This is now working on account I've tried.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Yes it's working now. It wasn't this morning.

cheers,

Chris H

Good - thanks for letting us know