Menu
Looey
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

TV Go Use in the Isle Of Man ???

Hi,

Can I REALLY not use my TV GO whilst on the Isle Of Man ?.

Just come over, logged in to watch MotoGP Practice and.......

"Sorry, you appear to be out of your allowed region"

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Smiley Frustrated

I think I know what the answers will be but absolutely gutted.

First time I've really needed to use it in years

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Go Use in the Isle Of Man ???

Hi Looey,

Thanks for posting on the community.

Yes you should be able to use it so can I confirm how you're connecting to the internet? Are you using a VPN?

Hope to hear from you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Looey
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Yes I am connected to the Internet and not on a VPN, just a standard ISP Internet connection.

I can do anything else on the Internet including watching all on demand TV from all the Freeview channel's websites (4OD etc.)

The Isle of Man is not part of the UK or in the European Union.

Are you absolutely sure it should work here ?.

The error I get is "Sorry, you appear to be out of your allowed region" 

Thanks

0 Kudos
diggerdon
Joining in
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, guess what. I’m now in the Isle of Man for a week or so looking after my mother. I would like to watch virgin media to go whilst I’m here but I get the not allowed in this region error. This is both without and with vpn; both on WiFi and 3G.

The sky sports app works just fine.... 

Ive had this problem earlier in the year when in Australia which was bad enough but now in the Isle of Man. Why? Please can I be advised how I can use this service here?

thank you

Don

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I guess, as implied above, EU legislation does not apply in the IOM and, hence, the app does not have to work.

0 Kudos
diggerdon
Joining in
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Ok but that doesn’t really help me. Virgin should allow the app. to work here... after all sky have no problem with allowing their app. To work here!

0 Kudos
diggerdon
Joining in
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I wonder, if I transferred from using my iPad to my laptop, whether I’d have any better luck?

A shame no one from virgin has helped me after all the money I pay them each month!

TUesday and Wednesday evenings are champions league nights and I’d really like to be able to watch the game rather than holby with my mother! If only the games were on sky....

0 Kudos
Looey
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

We had a Laptop and an iPad whilst over there and it didn't work on either.

The only response I've had from Anyone at Virgin since I raised the query, was an incorrect response then absolutely nothing Smiley Mad

Same as with my frequent recording glitches on my V6 box when recording concurrent programs. The program bar shows how long the program should be, but the red bar doesn't go all the way across the recording time. If you watch the program in at normal speed, it gets to a point, stops and goes back to the beginning. If you start again and fast forward over the point it stops when you're watching, you can often (but not always) watch the rest of the program even though the time bar doesn't move. Touch anything after that and of often goes right back to the beginning lol.

The only response I've had is possibly a signal problem, well no because I have multi-room and it records at the same time ok on my older Tivo box in the bedroom.

It's a shame, this forum could be great for resolving issues without engineers coming out but seems a wasted resource to me.

0 Kudos
diggerdon
Joining in
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thanks looney. I’ll not bother with trying my laptop then... I didn’t really want to anyway.

thanks for the empathy... anyone from virgin want to be helpful? Or, at least, responsive?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@diggerdon wrote:

after all sky have no problem with allowing their app. To work here!

No they don't. They also exclude the Channel Islands / Isle of Man from content roaming in their app.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own