Menu
kuczynskij
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV Go - Sky cinema and Sky sports

Sky Cinema error code = 20000

Sky Sports error code = VG-4227858841

Installed/uninstalled x 10 etc.. etc.. etc..............nothing works.

No point in contacting Virgin Media Help as if they knew the answers one would assume these faults would be rectified. I would be interested to know however if anyone from Virgin Media Technical Team actually sat down with a laptop and worked their way through both set ups.

0 Kudos
malcolmP
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Go - Sky cinema and Sky sports

I think the answer is to subscribe to Sky and abandon Virgin. it appears every upgrade results in resetting devices or uninstall and now even that has ceased to resolve the issues

Highlighted
Mally_BUK
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have been unable to stream Sky Sports today using the Sky Player I get Error Code 9500 hopefully someone might turn up for work tomorrow to look into this.

0 Kudos
ntmh01
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm getting the same fault (VG-4227858841) when trying to use the Sky Sports App.

However, this is most definitely NOT a Virgin Media fault, as I have successfully installed the Sky Sports app on my iPhone and it works a treat. In fact, it works so well on the iPhone, I am going to get myself an iPad because even when the app was working on Windows, it was totally pants by comparison!!

The iPhone version totally flies, even with a 4G connection on the bus this morning. No lag, no buffering, no blue flaming circles!

As ever, the justification for spending extra on apple devices is justified by the fact that, well....they just work...end of story!

0 Kudos
kuczynskij
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sky Cinema / Sky Sports worked well when it was Virgin TV Anywhere.

Are we saying the corrective action is for myself and family to bin our Windows Laptops?

0 Kudos