cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Go/Sky apps. An update please.

ppittman4
On our wavelength

Can one of the Virgin Media team please give an update to the issue that a vast amount of Virgin customers seem to be facing?

Trying to view Sky apps via TV Go doesnt appear to work anymore. Seems that almost everyone has stated that they have the latest OS version and apps on their viewing devices and have also tried changing passwords. 

It also seems that a lot of customers do not have access to remove devices to reregister them.

So can we please have an update as this issue seems to have been going for quite some time and we are paying for a service that doesnt work.

24 REPLIES 24

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ppittman4 wrote:

Hi Serena,

Many thanks for this. I have now re-registered my iphone and ipad.

Still have the problem that I cannot view any Sky Sports Channels via TV go tho.

You need to access the Sky Sports channels via the Sky Sports app, NOT via TV Go or Sky GO

"If you subscribe to Sky Sports through Virgin Media, you can watch Sky Sports on the move with the Sky Sports app on your iPhone, iPad, and most Android phones or tablets*. "

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/watching-sky-sports 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Newapollo, thank you so much for this. I can now view Sky Sports channels.

Something must have changed tho as I used to access them via TV Go and not via the Sky Sports app? 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @ppittman4 

Thanks for the update.

Really pleased it's working for you now.

Yes you could access the Sky Sports channels via the TV Go app, however I can't remember when this changed

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ppittman4 wrote:

Something must have changed tho as I used to access them via TV Go and not via the Sky Sports app? 

Sky Sports News & Mix have been available via TV Go since a while. But the main channels have only been on the Sky app since as long as I can remember. TV Go provides a shortcut, but not the actual streaming.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks