cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Go / Sky Sports - Unable to register any of my devices

Daredevil1
Joining in

I have the Virgin Streambox and have signed up to Sky Sports, everything works fine on the streambox itself (I am able to watch all the channels and Sky Sports).

My issue is trying to watch the same things on my Android phone or Computer.

On my Android phone (Google Nexus 6 running the latest version of Android) I have download the Virgin TV Go app and signed in. When I open the App and navigate to Settings > Device Management, I see no Devices have been added (Registered 0 of 5). There's a message at the top which says "Devices are automatically added when you start watching TV." So I started watching BBC one HD. When I click on BBC One HD it says I need to watch this on BBC iPlayer, So I click Exit to watch button (I have downloaded BBC iPlayer on my device and logged in). I am now able to watch watched BBC One HD, and have done so for 5 minutes. When I returned back to the Virgin TV Go app I still can't see my device registered; still shows Registered 0 of 5.

Device Management screen on Virgin TV GO appDevice Management screen on Virgin TV GO app

I've also tried doing the same for SkySports HD. When I click on "Exit to watch" it opens the Sky Sports app (I've installed the app and logged into my account using the Virgin media login page). I then get a message on the Sky sports app saying "Could not play channel - your subscription does not allow you to watch this program. Please contact your provider." I contacted Virgin and they said I am fully subscribed. Having looked online I a website in which I need to register my device to watch Sky Sports (http://manage-virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/skydevices), however there's no add device button, so I am unable to add my device.

Sky Sports app - Logged in with my Virgin Media accountSky Sports app - Logged in with my Virgin Media account

Registered Sky DevicesRegistered Sky Devices

I've uninstalled the Virgin TV Go app and the sky sports app multiple times and tried downloading it and still no luck.

I even tried doing the same thing on my Windows machine, using Chrome browser (both normal mode and Incognito) and the same thing happens there as well, my devices do not get registered and Virgin TV Go still shows 0 devices registered.

Anyone know how to resolve this issue?

1 REPLY 1

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Daredevil1 

As you have discovered, you cannot watch BBC channels via TVGO, you need to use the iPlayer app instead. 

Therefore you have no devices registered as you haven't actually watched a channel yet using TVGO. 

Select a different channel to watch and once you've viewed that channel the device you used should be registered.

With the Sky Sports app, or the Sky Sports desktop player you need to sign in using by clicking on the Virgin TV UK icon as shown below.

sky.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali