cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Go - Only available on your TV box - error!

GreengiantVM
Dialled in

I have been recording and watching a TV series on Yesterday channel on my iPad just fine until today, I now get this message.

F6324E35-B291-441A-99E9-59D419494CC9.jpeg

I have been watching episodes 1-5 on the iPad just fine as you will see on this screen grab, but episode 6 will not play, why is this? I have restarted the app etc.

5437F5F3-A46B-4A48-AC04-B09B3725C201.jpeg

Martin

10 REPLIES 10

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @GreengiantVM,

Welcome back! Thanks for posting.

I am sorry to see that the channel is not available.

This could be due to a licencing issue, this would be due to the broadcaster. We are limited to what we can do about this.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @GreengiantVM,

Do you have a 360 TV box?

Please let me know.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Yes I have the 360 box.

It seems odd a channel would impose this limit to recordings part way through a series.

This makes you less likely to watch, finding a time slot on the family TV to watch the recordings is not the easiest here!

Martin

Thank you for your response @GreengiantVM.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

In some cases, a broadcaster may permit certain shows or episodes from viewing on Virgin TV go in order to make it TV-only viewing. Just to clarify are you able to watch this on your TV without an error message? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,
Yes it plays on the TV but not the iPad.
Frustrating they do this, I don’t understand the reasoning behind it and what they achieve by the limitation.

Martin

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the clarification @GreengiantVM

I would like to apologise for any frustration this has caused, I understand it is not ideal that you can only watch the series on TV but not your iPad. Unfortunately the broadcaster may restrict certain shows or episodes from viewing on TV Go and there is little we can do about this. I'm sorry.

Kind regards,

Serena

JJ22J
Tuning in

This is exactly the problem that I have had - they told me to post on here to find out the answer! If I get anything better I will let you know, it is so infuriating and a really poor product - but I’m glad it isn’t just me! 

Hi JJ22J,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry for the issues you're having with Tv Go. 

To confirm are you attempt to watch the same content as GreengaintVM?

Are you getting the same error message?

^Martin

Hi different programmes similar issue. I have been sent a DM which I have now responded to thanks.