Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Go - No option to turn off Audio Description

GenerousZero
Joining in

26786ED5-55DC-46B7-8853-BAD77E489AC3.jpeg

Hello!

Recently got back to using TV Go app (iOS) with 360 box following recent app update but have noticed something strange. Everything I watch via the app that is saved on the box has AD turned on and no option to switch off. I’ve attached a screenshot. I’d expect to see an “Off” option for AD like there is for subtitles and have that as the default.

Has anyone had this?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I’ve sussed it out!

Here is what you get on the iPad version of the app:

IPad appIPad app

As selected, English, you get the non-AD audio stream. Select Audio description to get the AD stream.

I guess, in your situation, you have to decide which is which. It is an on/off toggle.

Beware, however, that toggling AD on in the app also affects the actual TV 360!!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I’ve sussed it out!

Here is what you get on the iPad version of the app:

IPad appIPad app

As selected, English, you get the non-AD audio stream. Select Audio description to get the AD stream.

I guess, in your situation, you have to decide which is which. It is an on/off toggle.

Beware, however, that toggling AD on in the app also affects the actual TV 360!!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi Ernie

Thanks for this. Interesting that you have a different set of options there. Are you using an older version of the app? The latest iPad version has the same options as my screenshot. It looks like changing it to “English 2” is essentially “Off” but just a bit of a poor user experience as it defaults back to English 1, I believe.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No, I’m on the latest, I believe:

DFFC1DC8-AB72-41BC-9C1B-CA60B5F0AC6C.jpeg

I’m on iPadOS 14.7 Beta 2 but wouldn’t have thought that would make a difference.

Hi there @GenerousZero

Thank you so much for your post and I am so sorry for the confusion around the audio description. 

Just to confirm, have you found switching to 'English 2' has corrected this for you? 

Thank you.

Hi Ash

it seems to have worked. It looks like the option says English 2 but is actually “off” to me

Hi @GenerousZero,

Thank you for the update. I'm glad to hear that this has now been resolved.

If there's anything more that we can assist you with in the future, please do feel free to reach back out to us here on the forums.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach

Probably worth asking the app team to change “English 2” to “Off” but aside from that it’s all good

jasondmorgan425
On our wavelength

I had same problem using virgin TV go and it's down to your profile , you need a different profile for each device , on TV go if all devices use same profile ad is turned off but it's still on the programme,on phone you turn it on to turn it off ,bit odd when it then as turns on on TV box , make turn to use profiles for all devices to turn ad off on all