cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Go - Login error

shosholoza15
Tuning in

Hi Team,

I have been trying to log in to TV Go on my iPhone and iPad since upgrading to the TV package but with no success.

The error I get is "Sorry - this isn't available" - Oops - the service isn't available at the moment. Try again in a few minutes

Anticipating your questions:

- No, even if I try in a few minutes it doesn't work. I have been getting this error since my first login attempt in August

- email and password combination is correct and allow me to log in to My Virgin Media without any issues.

- this happens across devices (iPhone XR and iPad)

- useful data points for iPhone:

• Build: 4.34.0 (4.34.16.076)
  • Device: iPhone XR
  • Conviva: 4.0.17
  • Conn. type: mobile (gets same error with Wifi)
  • Customer HH: Anonymous
  • MQTT broker: DISCONNECTED
  • CPE Status: Unknown
  • Last MQTT status check: No attempt
  • Device IP address: Unknown

- I have never been able to log in to TV Go and got this error since I first tried to log in.

- I am able to use the skysports app through my Virgin account.

- I have a VPN installed across devices (ExpressVPN) however not using it while logging in to TV GO and based in the UK.

- I have tried also through web browser and I get this error: Sign in is currently not possible. Please check back soon.

Can you please investigate the issue and let me know what's going on?

Thanks in advance.

13 REPLIES 13

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @shosholoza15

Thank you so much for your first post to our community forums and welcome to the team! It's great to have you here! 

I am so sorry to hear that this has happened! I've not been able to find an active account for you from your forum details, can I just confirm, do you have a currently active account with us? 

Thanks again. 

Hi @Ashleigh_C,

I do have an active account - acct no is [REMOVED].

Thanks,

Andrea

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Hey @shosholoza15 

Please can you try logging in to TV Go again so our Support Team can check the logs? It would give them more information to look into to see what's happening.

Thanks,

Lisa

Hi @Lisa_CC,

I tried to log in at 21:55 with my iPhone and at 21:58 with my iPad. Please let me know if you need any further info.

Thanks,
Andrea

Thank you for trying @shosholoza15.

This will allow the team to look at their recent logs and investigate the issue. Our team are currently looking into this and will aim to get back to us as soon as possible.

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Team,

Can you provide an update on this issue please?

Best,
Andrea

Hi Team,

It's now 2 months without an answer on this. Unless I will hear from you in the next week or so, I will have to cancel my contract.

Best,
Andrea

Hi Andrea, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear this is ongoing for you. 

We will need to get an IT Ticket raised on this so the team can look into things for you. To do this I will need you to provide some information. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Andrea, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

I understand your frustration with this however the apps are an added value of taking the TV Service. As the programmes are live on your TV service, there would be no credit available to offer which is why full bills have been generated. 

Usual lead time on an IT Ticket is 10 days however as this type of faults involves us referring this over to Sky it may take longer. 

All I can promise is that as soon as I have an update, I'll let you know. 

Apologies once again. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team