cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Go - Gone?

ialgie
On our wavelength

Hi

TV Go has no service on a laptop - "Oops not available at the moment - please try again in a few minutes" - been like that all day.

What's wrong with it?

Is it connected to the fact that I can't log into my Virgin Media account at the moment?  Can't even access the service status checker to check and see if it's broken................

Please help.  Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

ialgie
On our wavelength

Incidentally, the app doesn't seem to be working on my android phone either.  It just shows a spinning circle of frustration.

I tried looking on the website for guidance but the responses were either broken links (400 - bad request) or the message "sorry, we have a problem".

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @ialgie, and I'm sorry to hear of the issues with the TV Go services.

Can you tell me what operating system you're using on the laptop, is this Windows 10?

In regards to the Android device, can you tell me if you've been able to ensure that the phones software and TV Go application is up to date?

Have you attempted uninstalling the application and then re-installing to see if this resolves the issue?

Do you have any other issues on any other devices? Have you been able to successfully log into the account on any device?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

ialgie
On our wavelength

Hi

Thanks for getting in touch, it was Windows 10 using Chrome.  I've now uninstalled the app, moved to Edge and created a Windows app in it.  That's working fine although it did make me register a device switch, which at least I was able to do, the functionality had disappeared in the previous version.

With the Android app it's running fine now, it's on an old Telly Tablet which doesn't seem to want to update anymore so I imagine this will cause issues again in the future.

Thanks

Iain

Hi Iain,

Thanks for coming back.

TV Go relies on the use of cookies to determine if you're trying to view TV Go off a different or recognised device. As cookies are specific to the browser which you're using, by using another browser TV Go will see this as a new device, which of course isn't an issue if you have spaces left in your registered devices :).

If you have any further issues with TV Go from here or need anything else, please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

Beth

Beth