cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV GO on PC

Paudraic
Joining in

Hi,

I can see numerous posts on here relating to this issue, but cannot seem to find a fix. I cannot play TV GO on my PC,  I have tried all the browsers, edge, Chrome etc. and no luck, it still comes up with the same 'cannot play at this time; error; I have tried resetting cookies etc., but all that does is adds the PC as another device, please help 🙂

Paudraic

24 REPLIES 24

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Paudraic,

Welcome to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry to see that you are having issues with your TV go on your PC.

I will send you a private message so I can help you further.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Paudraic,

Thank you for talking to me in private, I'm posting back publicly so we remain visible for our Support teams as they do not have access to our private messages.

To confirm:

TV GO on the PC does not work via browser and you have tried several browsers and cookies/cache have been cleared.

It works on your MacBook and on other PC's. Does your TV GO app work on a mobile?

Silverlight has been installed and you're able to watch Sky Sports app on your PC.

Using the information you have given me, it sounds like its just not working on that particular PC via browser and I can not see anything out of the ordinary on our side.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thanks Hayley

Yes to confirm, TV GO on the PC does not work via several browsers and cookies/cache have been cleared. The gadget rescue guys spent 2 hours on it and couldn't resolve it.

It does work on my MacBook and on other PC's. i haven't tried the mobile, but wouldn't watch it on that and yes silverlight has been installed and I can watch the Sky Sports app on my PC. Sky go app worked fine too when i had that. I think that is correct, it does seem specific to this pc, problem is this PC will be the main platform I use and I only have 5 days cool down period left, so would like to resolve.

Best wishes,

Patrick

If it's the PC that's the issue, I'd advise speaking to the manufacturer to see what they can assist with, Patrick.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks John,

It was homemade from parts, it has a very good graphics card, could that be the issue?

As mentioned Sky go app worked fine?

Cheers, Patrick

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Patrick,

Have you tried going to virgintvgo.virginmedia.com  ?

This should download the web app  when you visit that link and then play via the browser.

Ensure you’ve got cookies enabled in your browser, and that virginmedia.com is listed as a trusted site, your browser is set to allow protected content, and you allow pop ups from the Virgin TV Go website.

I've been having a few issues with it recently using Chrome, however if I use Firefox or Edge browsers it works.

I've also placed a shortcut from the web app onto my taskbar to make it easier to use.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Paudraic,

Thank you for coming back to us and updating us on the issue and your PC situation. 

Have you tried to steps outlined by @newapollo? Please let us know if this has helped with getting access to the TVGo App.

Keep us updated if you can.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi and thanks for the suggestions.

I have tried those options with no joy, all devices are now allocated too!

This is frustrating 🙂

Best wishes,

Patrick

Hi,

Yes I have tried with no joy

Best wishes,

Patrick