cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV GO not playing except live TV

Adheadland
Joining in

The only thing I can do on the TV GO app is watch live TV and add programmes and movies to my watch list.

I am unable to actually watch anything in my watchlist.

also, there is no download option available.

any ideas?

16 REPLIES 16

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Adheadland

Thank you so much for your first post to our Community Forums and welcome to the team! It's great to have you here. 

You can only download some which is down to the channel provider and their licensing, you also need to be connected to your home WiFi to download. 

What happens when you try to view your Watch list? Do you get an error message at all? 

Thank you. 

Hi, I am on the home Wi-Fi so that isn’t the issue.

I’ve tried a lot of different titles and not one was available for download, even when selecting the “downloadable” option, none are available for download.

I cannot watch anything using the TV GO app, apart from the live tv options.

I’ve noticed I also cannot download any on demand content on my tv box, I can only “watch now” or find a time to record.

Randy11
Joining in

@Adheadland wrote:

The only thing I can do on the TV GO app is watch live TV and add programmes and movies to my watch list.

I am unable to actually watch anything in my watchlist.  OptOnline

also, there is no download option available.

any ideas?

It would be useful if they'd put a message on the Customer support phone line rather than "we're too busy - goodbye" and then cut you off.

Website down as well...

So rather looks like all of Virgin Media is down except the broadband.

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Adheadland, thanks for your reply on this.

Can you confirm what device you are using (if a mobile for example, what model)?

Additionally, can you check the web browser version of TV Go and see if this still gives you the same problem?

Many thanks

Tom_W

When I login in to the TVGo website, it says I need to upgrade to watch anything, but I’ve got the full package so that doesn’t make sense.

Hi @Adheadland, thanks for your reply once again.

Okay no problem. I think it's worth downloading the Virgin TV Control app - this is more appropriately designed for accessing and managing your recordings from your box on the go, as opposed to watching Live TV (although it's possible to do this too).

Can you please download this and have a try to see how you get on with this? You should be able to download your recordings straight onto your device from this app, as well as playing them straight from your recordings list too via the app.

Many thanks

Tom_W

I already have the TV Control app, that is not the problem.

I’m trying to watch box sets / movies / etc on the TV Go app, like I’m supposed to be able to and it’s not letting me.

I’m also not able to download any on demand content to my box, like I’m meant to be able to.

I think I’m going to have to bite the bullet and try and contact Virgin to sort this out.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the clarification @Adheadland, I'm sorry for the frustration this issue is causing.

What error message is displayed when you try to watch boxsets / movies on the TV Go app? What happens when you try to download on demand content on to your TV box?

Best wishes,

Serena

For clarification, I don’t have the option to watch or download on the TVGo app, apart from live tv, when I go to the box sets or on demand movies my only option is to add to my watchlist, even when looking at the “downloadable” movies on the app. (Same on the tvgo website).

on the tv box again no option to download only to “watch/stream instantly”.

this is not how it was working before, almost as if my account has had this feature turned off.

also, when trying to view sky movies on the tvgo website it tells me to upgrade, even though I have the sky sports and movies already in my package.