cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV GO keeps registering my device

kbsfc
Joining in

My device has been registered 5 times. I am only using one device so not sure why its happening. Now its saying i have too many devices registered and have to replace the device, this will mean in 3 more log in i wont be able to watch it. Could really do with some help with the football season starting. 

35 REPLIES 35

MarkA320
Tuning in

Hi!

I've been having the exact same issue! It happened last month and I had to wait until the end of the month to use it again, annoyingly. I have managed to use it once this month without issue but again, today the same problem occured. So when I try and replace the 'new' device it says its saved, but it doesnt work. And then asked you to do it again. So you try twice more, unsuccessfully, and then you're locked out until the end of the month, again. Great. Football season starts today! #sadface

It only seems to affect Windows devices and I have been using Chrome. It appears to occur after every Windows system update, of which, they are frequent and numerous. I do not have this problem when using my Ipad. It appears to be a fairly common problem and the device management can only be reset by VM...

Please can someone help resolve this? I couldn't get a response last month other than a link to the "How to replace a device" page, which does not help in resolving this issue in any way.

Thanks in advance

Mark

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi kbsfc and MarkA320, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I know it might sound daft but if you're doing this through a browser do you have incognito mode turned on or private browsing? 

Cheers. 

Hi Ryan

Thanks for your repsonse!

I’m not using private browsing or incognito mode. I have had the same issue when using the GO app as well. I also tried adding the virgin media addresses to the safe list on Chrome to avoid any cookies issues, but this does not to seem to have prevented this issue either.

thanks

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I am going to send you a private message so I can look into this 🙂 

Cheers. 

Did this get resolved as I am now having the same issue with both the App and Chrome.

Thanks, Chris

Hi ronins_ghost, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the service. Can you confirm what issues are you having with the TVgo app? Does incognito mode change anything - Chris 

I have exactly the same issue. I have had to reset my devices on several occasions with Virgin Tech help on the phone. I am missing the Man U game right now because of this! 😡

Hi jase100000, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with this.  I will send you a private message so that this can be looked into further for you. Chris 

Hi ronins_ghost, thanks for the message, I will send you a private message so that this can be looked into further for you. Chris.