cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV GO device rename and unregister operation

6redcliffe
Tuning in

I'm on the Settings->Device Management screen.

I can see I have two registered devices, but I can't see any way to change the names of these devices or to unregister them.

When I registered my iMac for watching, it didn't offer me the change to customise the device name. It appears in the list as 'My Computer -Google Chrome'

I suspect if I register my MacBook, it will also appear as 'My Computer -Google Chrome' which would be very confusing - how would I tell which one is which?

I must be missing something - any offers??

71 REPLIES 71

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I understand where you're coming from - and will be sure to pass on your feedback to the relevant team for consideration. Hopefully they'll be able to incorporate the function you've suggested with an update at some point in future. 

Tom 

fadsarmy
On our wavelength

It looks like nothing has changed. I'm facing the same problem.

Hi fadsarmy

Thanks for posting, can you expand on what's happening so I can assist further?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

fadsarmy
On our wavelength

In virgin devices management, all computers are "My Computer" so I don't know which one to deregister. As a result, there is a high probability of deregistering the wrong device. There should be an option to name your device.

Thanks for coming back to me. 

The naming of the devices is when you set the devices up themselves, for example when I set my iPad up, I renamed it during the process of install. Does your computer allow you to do similar?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Last time I tried there was no way to rename. It always used the default name. 
I might try again and see if there has been new functionality added since I last tried. 

Come on Virgin, surely it can’t be that difficult to add a ‘rename’ option into the system??

Hi 6redcliffe, 

You know when you set up a device for the first time (forget TV go for a moment), you can give it a name. It's that I mean if that makes sense? On our TV Go service, it'd use that name that's been chosen/used when setting up the device.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

fadsarmy
On our wavelength

On a Windows machine, there is no option to give it a name.

Thanks for coming back to me @fadsarmy, I wasn't aware of this but thanks for clarifying. I'll ensure the naming function feedback on TV Go is passed on as it's a cracking idea you've suggested

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

fadsarmy
On our wavelength

Wasn't this promised  03/12/19?