cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV GO device rename and unregister operation

6redcliffe
Tuning in

I'm on the Settings->Device Management screen.

I can see I have two registered devices, but I can't see any way to change the names of these devices or to unregister them.

When I registered my iMac for watching, it didn't offer me the change to customise the device name. It appears in the list as 'My Computer -Google Chrome'

I suspect if I register my MacBook, it will also appear as 'My Computer -Google Chrome' which would be very confusing - how would I tell which one is which?

I must be missing something - any offers??

71 REPLIES 71

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi 6redcliffe,

Thank you for your post and welcome the community. 

The name listed would the device name. I.e George iPhone. 

For the removal there should be a remove option on the right hand side. Wouldn't be able to see this for the device you're access the page on. 

^Martin

Thanks for the response. However I see nothing at all on the device line. There isn't anything else clickable in sight.

Here's a screenshot. Maybe you could attach a screenshot and show which bits 'on the right' I need to use.

Also, as I suspected when I logged in on my MacBook I got a second 'My Computer - Google Chrome' device and don't know for certain which is which.

Screenshot 2019-11-26 at 01.16.20.png

Not sure if that screenshot is working. It showed OK when I dragged and dropped into the post when replying, but doesn't seem to be visible when I try to view the post. I'll try a smaller size here.Screenshot 2019-11-26 at 01.16.20.png

Joe_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

How strange, can you confirm how you are checking this, Is it on a desktop or the app?

Thanks Joe_F

That’s using Chrome on an iMac 27” retina

MacOS 10.14.6 (Mojave)

Chrome 78.0.3904.108

However I get the chance to replace (but not  rename) if I use the app on my iPhone.

Here’s a screenshot

E50A1FA8-818D-477B-B0A0-3C4872B2AE00.png

Hi 6redcliffe,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with out TV go, as it has been a short while since your last post how have things been going , were you able to change the name on your device?

Regards

Paul.

Once you fill all four slots you can replace. The way to do this is to start watching on the 5th device and it will ask you which one you want to replace.

... but this still doesn’t solve my problem. If more than one of my 4 registered devices shows as “My Computer - Google Chrome” then when I register a fifth device and it asks me which slot I want to replace, then how do I know which “My Computer - Google Chrome” is the one I want to replace?? Pain in the ar*e if you are limited to three device changes a month!! I could use up three changes with just trial and error trying to see if the one I replaced was the one I wanted to replace. 
I want a way to be able to edit the name at the point of registering the device. That way I give it a unique meaningful-to-me name at the point of registration. Or a way to rename it immediately after registration to replace the (apparently) default name.
My son and daughter in law live in the same house and we are all Mac users. We could end up with all four devices being called “My Computer -Google Chrome”