cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV GO app when 360 box in standby

sunibo
Tuning in

Hi Folks. I just got the VM 360 Volt Ultimate bundle, having swapped from Sky.

How come the TV GO app only works when the 360 box is in ready mode? If the box is in standby, TV Go won't work, I get a message to turn the box on. At home, that's OK-ish, but as the maximum standby timer is set for 24 hours, how do I use TV Go on holiday? With Sky, I could use Sky Go anytime.

Also, I think you can only set recordings via TV Go when the box is on and not in standby. This is not intuitive, nor user friendly!

Can anyone correct my findings, and/or tell me how to use TV Go while away from home for more than a day, please?

Incidentally, is there a comprehensive manual/handbook for the 360 box anywhere? I don't know what the + and - buttons are for, and there appears to be a screen area (where the logo is) but nothing shows in it. 

Thanks in advance.....

12 REPLIES 12

Thanks for coming back to us @sunibo, are you still having issues with your TV go app? Have you been able to use if for more than an hour since yesterday?

Regards,

Steven_L

The issue was happening when I was watching a recorded program. I was testing the app because I'm new to VM. I haven't tried again because I'm transitioning from Sky and need to get through the recordings on their box ASAP.

The problem with the app was only part of my reason to make contact with the forum. I feel there should be a compreventive handbook/manual available to prevent the need to make all these time consumming queries.

Regards.

Hi sunibo, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

We always take on board the feedback given in these threads and collate them to see the areas we need to improve so we will certainly take this on board. 

In terms of the TV Go app, if you have any further specific issues, feel free to pop back here to raise them with us. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs