cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV GO Picture frozen on Microsoft Edge

coastalrc
On our wavelength

Hi I have major problems, I was watching live TV on my laptop when the picture froze,I still have sound.

The picture and sound are fine on my mobile.

I tried signing out and in, same problem. Downloaded the app for Windows same problem.

Tried clearing the cache and nothing works.

I downloaded the Chrome browser and TV Go works fine, tried Edge again and picture still frozen!

Mobile still working fine!

Anyone any ideas why the picture still freezes on Edge, doesn't matter what channel I try it always freezes, sound ok,

I would rather just have one browser (Edge) rather than two.

6 REPLIES 6

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @coastalrc,

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you are having picture issues when viewing TVGO on Edge browser. We can understand this is not ideal. I can see you very recently contacted our team regarding this issue. Was our team able to best help? Do you need any further help? You may find the following useful https://www.virginmedia.com/help/tv/how-to-use-virgin-tv-go-app

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

coastalrc
On our wavelength

Hi, No the team could offer no help at all as they say it must be a problem with the Edge browser.

the link is not very useful at all, as there little on actual troubleshooting.

I have now downloaded Firefox and using the web version of TVGo works fine, like it did on Chrome. Still not working on Edge

My apologies that you did not find the link useful @coastalrc 

Glad to hear that you have a work around by using another browser for this issue. It could be Edge's cookies and cache causing issues with the TVGO website performance. Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :).

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Not the cache as I cleared that out and also allowed all cookies, it  didn't make any difference.

Picture froze while watching, sound ok, so it was working fine in Edge, since that initial freeze the picture is now always frozen on Edge when I log in.

Try updating Edge manually as Microsoft have been faffing about with it.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Tech-Chatter/Update-your-browser/td-p/4606313 

The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
Windows Update isn't rocket science - if it were, it would work.
Unlike Monty Python, spam is never off.
Some video posts may contain swearing/inappropriate content for young children

π

Hi thanks

I have auto updates set to on so all Microsoft products should be updated automatically, however I did check and it is update.

searching the forum I found another suggestion which was turning the Hardware Acceleration if required function off.

Just done this and it now seems to be working OK again.

Fingers crossed!!!