cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV GO App

Retiredatast
Dialled in

First - Why is it that during the early hours my box does not output a CPE IP address therefore not allowing me to watch my recorded programmes on the TV GO App

Second - When the app is working and I choose to watch a programme for example The Repair Shop - I press play and the programme starts and runs ok except there is no sound, I then go to the drop down box and select English 2 so that I can get sound and then the app just buffers for ages and then tells me that I have a slow connection and my network is too busy!!!!! Not at 5.30am its not.

The muted sound is not on all programmes. Why is this?

Why can’t  VM default everything to English 2 or better still SORT THIS PROBLEM OUT!

Third - Why is it that none of my recorded programmes can be downloaded for me to watch away from my home network and when will VM agent round to making the app so that you can watch programmes away from your home network just like the BBC iPlayer etc.

53 REPLIES 53

Hello Vikki

Please tell me when you are going to get this problem SORTED where the GO APP on my iPad keeps dropping the CPE IP address!!!!!

I have been messaging you for months about this!!!!

I have to restart the 360 box to get the flipping IP address and then later in the day it drops it again, so when I want to watch a recorded programme on my iPad I am UNABLE TO DO SO!!!!

My Samsung phone keeps the IP address it is just the Apple product which YOU have the problem with…….

The app is bad enough as it is and this problem makes it 10 times worse

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi again Retiredatast,

So sorry to see this issue has been ongoing and not yet resolved.
We are eager to help as soon as possible, for this reason I will have to PM you now.

Please check the top-right corner of our forum and you should see a purple envelope. Click this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello Adri_G

I had a call from 2nd line tech support this afternoon, he cut me off after 13 seconds and has never called back.

problem still happening.

last Saturday I was watching a recorded programme at 04.30am and the app dropped the CPE IP address in the middle of the programme.

thanks

Hi retiredatast,

Has this been resolved as the ticket is closed?

Please let us know if not, as we'll re-raise another for you.

Best

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hello John_GS

No this has NOT been resolved.

This makes me so angry, the so called technician called me and we spoke for 13 seconds before he cut me off and then he must of closed the ticket just to get it off his screen!!!!!

The iP address still keeps dropping out of the GO App at all different times of the day. 

I suggest you move your call centre and so called tech support back to the UK.

Hi Retiredatast, 

Thanks for coming back and confirming things haven't been resolved. 

Rather than re-raise this, I've sent an email over to a contact that I know works within the development team for TV Go for some more info on this. 

I know he is off with covid at the moment, so it may be a few days before I hear back but as soon as I do, I will let you know. 

Apologies once again for the inconvenience. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Retiredatast, 

Thanks for your patience on this one. 

Just to let you know, my contact has come back to me on this. I realise some of this info may have been given in other posts on this thread but can you confirm/let me know in a reply so I can keep all the information together?

1. What devices are you using? Can we have the Model and OS version for each device you are having the issue on? 

2. What power setting do you have set for your box? If Active Start, this means the box is in the 2nd level standby and the App is supposed to send a message to the box to wake it up, so it can get the CPE ID. This can take some minutes before the App received this call back. If you're having consistent problems, then I would suggest they switch to Fast start instead, which gives a persistent connection to the box from the App.

I am also looking in to the issue with the IT Tickets too as it seems these have been closed due to being assigned to the wrong team which obviously has left a negative experience. 

Come back to me with the above so I can feed this back to my contact though. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

geogfrog
On our wavelength

Di this ever get resolved I’m still having this issue on my iPad. Restarting the app doesn’t work at all at the moment.  Thanks 

Hi geogfrog

no it never got resolved……

I just have to put up with it and hope for the best that the CPE IP Address is there.

sometimes I have to restart the app 3 or 4 times before it picks it up.

I wish virgin would act as fast as they do when they put up the prices.

I agree. It’s so frustrating. I was in the middle of watching something and it went off. Can’t get it back so am watching prime instead. It’s so annoying.