cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV GO App

Retiredatast
Dialled in

First - Why is it that during the early hours my box does not output a CPE IP address therefore not allowing me to watch my recorded programmes on the TV GO App

Second - When the app is working and I choose to watch a programme for example The Repair Shop - I press play and the programme starts and runs ok except there is no sound, I then go to the drop down box and select English 2 so that I can get sound and then the app just buffers for ages and then tells me that I have a slow connection and my network is too busy!!!!! Not at 5.30am its not.

The muted sound is not on all programmes. Why is this?

Why can’t  VM default everything to English 2 or better still SORT THIS PROBLEM OUT!

Third - Why is it that none of my recorded programmes can be downloaded for me to watch away from my home network and when will VM agent round to making the app so that you can watch programmes away from your home network just like the BBC iPlayer etc.

53 REPLIES 53

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Retiredatast

Thank you for making this post regarding the issues you are facing with the TV Go App. I'd like to address each of your queries in order:

1.The default IP Address of CPE is 192.168. 0.254. It looks like you may just need an IP address. Have you tried this?

2. I would like to raise an IT ticket regarding this issue with the sound. I shall send you a private message to obtain the details required now.

3. Unfortunately downloaded programmes cannot be watched away from home due to the restrictions placed on us by the broadcast provider.

Kind regards,

Serena

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the details Keith. I have raised an IT ticket for you for the sound issue on your TV Go app, the reference is: P010947990. Please allow 5 working days to receive a response to the IT ticket, I will keep you updated with progress as it happens 🙂

Best wishes,

Serena

Thank you

Hello Serena

I am not sure if your tech team has started looking at this yet but I have some more information for you.

I am trying to watch my recorded programmes on my iPad which is an iPad mini 4 running ios 15.1.

Every programme I start to watch is on English 1 and plays but with no sound I then make the change to English 2 and most of the time this is when it buffers and tells me the my network is busy and try later. But it would run ok on English 1 with no sound!!

However, when I open the TV GO App on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G) it appears that all programmes default to English 2 and play fine?

I just want the iPad version of the app to default to English 2.

Thank you

Hi @Retiredatast

Thanks for the reply

I'll be sure to update the ticket with the information provided, thank you.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello Travis

I am not sure what is happening with this tech ticket but the problem is still happening and I have recently had a call from what sounded like an Indian call centre saying they were from virgin media asking for my address and 3 bits of my password and the call ended when they said they would refer my problem to the 2nd level tech team and they would call me but had no call as yet.

Is this phone call legitimate?

Thanks

Keith

Hi Keith,

Yes, that would still be IT working on your ongoing issues.

Cheers,

Corey C

Hello

When are you going to get round to sorting out this problem with the TV GO App?????

You are very quick to increase my monthly fee once I had agreed to a new contract period but so slow in sorting this out.

I have pin pointed that it is BBC 1 HD programmes that have the problem….

Non HD programmes do not have the English 1 and English 2 options.

Also, on the 11thJanuary you supposedly made some changes to BBC 1 HD on the main boxes, what changes I don’t know and we had to reset up any series links well thanks for not displaying any message at all on my main 360 box and putting the message on my mini 360 box on the 12th January.

Thank god for BBC iPLayer a proper working programme player.

Hi Retiredatast

Thanks for coming back to us. 

I've just tried using BBC 1HD and also the SD version on the TV GO app and both direct me to the iPlayer. Is the issue you've got only with recordings?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill