cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV GO App Video freezes on channel load but audio works

chelseaboy
Tuning in

I have a brand new Dell laptop, I installed the latest TV go app, no cache to clear and registered the device all with no issues.

When I load the TV Go App or try via 3 different browser, the video loads and shows the very first frame of video, but that's it, the video is then frozen permanently, however the audio continues to play without issue.

9 REPLIES 9

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi chelseaboy,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you've had some issues using the TVGo app.

Can you confirm if it works fine via a web browser?

Alex_Rm

No it happens on the web browser as well. 

Hey chelseaboy, thank you for letting me know.

Please can you confirm what content you are trying to watch and what channels this is please?

Also please can you try a few different channels and content out for and let me know if it happens on this. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

It happens on every single channel.

Thanks for confirming, I would recommend checking our TV Go help page here to see if this helps with the issues you are seeing.

If you need any further help after this, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

There is nothing about fixing issues with Virgin Go on the help page. Thats a waste of time!

Sorry to hear this @chelseaboy. Just to clarify, is this the only device you are having these issues with? Does the app work well with other devices? Also how long has this issue been ongoing? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Its the App and Web Browser on this PC only. The app works fine on other PCs and even my mobile device.

It has happened since I got my PC which was around 6 weeks ago.

It happens on every channel. I get full audio playing with no issue, but the video is frozen on the very first frame it showed.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi chelseaboy,

Thanks for confirming. If it's just the one laptop that is experiencing, then we would be quite limited on the support we can offer as this does appear to be a single-device issue.

Just to confirm, are you currently using any form of Antivirus or VPN service? If so, have you tried disabling these to see if this resolves the issue?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ