cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV GO App, Number of Devices, cannot delete/change

Mecheng
Tuning in

Good day,

I am trying to watch TV  on the TV Go App on my laptop, I keep getting a request to "register the device" which I have done and thought no more of that until I have now reached the maximum Five Devices and I cannot delete/reset the devices when I click on the Tab "Device Management" within the App. The "Device" is the same laptop, it is the only device I choose. For insight, the laptop operating system is Windows 10 Pro and has Norton 360 as the Virus protection. I run the App through Google Chrome, however, I have also tried to use it with Microsoft Edge and the same happens.
I have the following questions:

1) Why does the "App" NOT recognise my laptop and because of that requests I register the                "SAME DEVICE" Multiple times;
          2) IF that is a "Glitch" of the Program, has anyone else experienced it and if so how/what                      was the resolution?;
          3) How do I go into Device Management or the "App" in general and Delete/reset my                           devices.

6 REPLIES 6

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Mecheng, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having an issue with laptop needing to be repeatedly registered to use with TV Go. 

If you are running updates on the laptop or if the browser is resetting the cache and cookies then this would remove the registration I'm afraid. Swapping browsers can also do this. 

To manage the devices you can click on this link here. This will take you directly to the device management page. 

We are also able to reset devices here for you so should you need us to do this, just pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath_F
Thank you for the reply. I after posting did some investigation through other posts who experienced similar issues and checked that my Browser (Google Chrome, release (Version 97.0.4692.71 (Official Build) (64-bit)) did not have any boxes ticked to clear the history and or cache. The laptop has the latest release of Windows 10 Pro installed.
This problem has been ongoing for over TWO YEARS. I have in the past tried other Browsers but have experienced the same problem/fault. I know how to get to the "Device Management" Tab but what use is that when I cannot remove/delete or reset ANY Devices.
I would like to point out also that for the past TWO YEARS of experiencing this fault/problem I have been using the exact same laptop albeit with periodic software updates I will admit.
Why does the App not recognise the SAME Device, you cannot put this flaw simply down to "software updates" and IF so why has the App been modified to avoid this?
I need help regarding this.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Mecheng,

Welcome back, thanks for the update.

I will send you a private message now, please look out for a plum envelope at the top right of your screen.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for talking to me in a private message @Mecheng.

I am glad that I have been able to resolve this for you.

I am sorry for the issues with the app and needing this to be done recently, we are not aware of this being a known issue with the app. You can reset the devices on your account also rather than waiting for us to do this.

I hope you have a nice day.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

The App HAS FAULTS in it, I have myself been experiencing the SAME FAULT for TWO YEARS. When inside the App and you click on the Tab "Device Management" it does not allow you to rest your Devices; The ONLY TIME it allows this is when the allotted time frame has expired on that particular device.
The App needs to have the facility to allow you at ANY TIME to rest your devices WITHOUT the need to contact yourselves.
I still have NO explanation from you why this problem STILL exists. Please explain and do not just "close" the Posting because you have only answered a very small part at not the whole.
Thank you for your efforts to reset my devices, however, I now what a resolution to the Fault and just resetting my Devices IS NOT THE ANSWER.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Mecheng,

Thank you for coming back to us about your ongoing issue. I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the device management option in the App. I can understand that this can be frustrating. 

However, this has not been raised as a recognised issue. We always keep an eye out to improve the app, so please keep the app updated whenever a new software update happens. 

In the meantime, if you're unable to reset your devices, we'll be happy to help. You can read more about our TVGO App Device management on our website.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs