cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV GO Acessibility

jlmurraymtm
Joining in

For many months I have had intermittent acccessibility to TV GO. It appears that when traffic is heavy on the internet, Virgin cuts access to TV GO on all channels.  I have spend a considerable amount of time correlating broadband speed against TV GO Access. When broadband speed drops a range of 'Not Available' messages are displayed. Last night I was running as low as 3.7Mpbs on a 200Mpbs contract, I  have been unsuccesful in getting this confirmed and Virgin Support has taken me on 'merry dances' suggesting the problems is with my system.Yet when broadband speed increases the message disappears and TV GO works perfectly.  Can anyone from Virgin confirm this situation?.

5 REPLIES 5

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jlmurraymtm,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear you're having some problems accessing TV Go recently along with some sluggish connection speeds. What device are you using TV Go on when you have this problem? Are you having connection speed issues on any other device?

Can you also confirm if you face sluggish speeds on a wired connection too, or just wireless/Wi-Fi?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach thanks for your reply.

I am trying to run  TV GO on an HP Laptop.  When it runs it is brilliant on all channels. 

The broadband speed has recovered over the past 24 hours and is now running close to  200mbps.  However all channels show 'Not available sorry this program is not available in this region'.  These channels have all run perfectly in the pass.  Very occasionally the error message says they are having technical problems. Virgin Support will not admit to their being a problem.  If technical problems are being experience I can plan around the outage.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jlmurraymtm,

Thank you for coming back to us. I'm very sorry to hear that you're still experiencing issues with your TVGo App access.

Have you been able to take a look at our TVGo Help page to see if this can help with your issue? 

Have you tried to delete the app from your device and re-install it to see if this can clear any issues?

At the moment, there are no listed issues that would be impacting your TVGo services. Let us know how you get on with the above and we'll be more than happy to help further if needed.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Since posting the  Broadband Speeds have returned to expected levels. Prior to this happening I was getting messges flagging technical issues from Virgin.  With this improvement in service,  TV GO has been working on all channels with no changes to my system.  I will monitor the situation and if further outages occur I will post them.  Thanks for your help which is much appreciated..

Hi @jlmurraymtm, thanks for your return post.

That's great to hear that things seem to have perked up for you now!

If you're having any problems in the future, please don't hesitate to let us know so we can support you further.

Many thanks

Tom_W