cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV GO APP DOWNLOADED PROGRAMME NOT PLAYING

Curly007
Joining in

I have an issue when I download programmes to watch offline on my IPad on the train/tube to work.  The programme downloads with no issues but when I come to play it will not play an it flickers.

I have uninstalled the app and re down load it an it has not fixed the issue.  Clearly there is an issue with your app and it needs to be rectified.

16 REPLIES 16

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you view live channels and/or boxset content ok?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes I can as I am connected to Wi-Fi the issue is with downloaded programs to watch offline when not connected to Wi-Fi to watch when on the train/tube into work.

I would say the is a bug in the app causing this as it was okay prior to update to version 4.34.4 downloaded two months ago

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Curly007,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issues with your TV GO app, how is it for you today?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Downloaded the program which on Wednesday night which it did fine switched off Wi-Fi on my iPad and it played fine. Switched off my iPad but when I tried to play it on the tube yesterday it would not play so I have watched it on my TV Go 360 box.

Hi @Curly007, thank you for getting back to us with this additional information!

Do you have the same issue with downloaded offline content on any other devices?

Do you get an error message or code when this happens? If you are able to screenshot the problem and post it this will be really helpful! Thanks for your support whilst we look into this for you - apologise for any inconvenience in the meantime. 

All the best. 

Molly

Hi Molly,

I get no error messages and today downloaded a programme to my iPad turned off Wi-Fi and it played with no issues.

When I have the issue the download will not play and if on Tuesday when I download the next Air Crash Investigation episode if I get the same issue I will take a photo or video so you can see the issue.

Hi Curly007, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

I'm glad things seem to have improved for now. Hopefully this will remain the case. Please pop back and let us know if you have any further issues. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Still having an issue when downloaded programs to watch off line and when I play it does not but flickers with the following screen.AE022D87-2411-4BFD-9895-CC93B80A06CA.png

Hi Curly007 thanks for getting back to us.

According to other customers who have had the issue you're reporting, they've resolved this by clearing their app storage on the device in question.  Have you already tried this?  If not would you please try this before making your next download and test?

Regards

Lee_R