cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Control hanging when watching recordings

Flythedog
Tuning in

Anyone finding TV Control hanging when playing back a recording on iPad/iPhone? I record programs with the TV box then watch them at home on my iPad in the app. Worked perfectly until this week. More than one channel’s recordings involved, iPad and app are up to date, all on same home network. Just plays 10secs or so then hangs constantly, watching on TV box is fine. 

14 REPLIES 14

I’ve downloaded that and it is working so thanks for that. Disappointed it’s not linked to my TV box as watching recordings is so much easier but I’ll just have to put up with that. Thanks for the help

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Flythedog 

Are you using a V6 or a 360? The functions provided by TV Control & TV Go differ between the platforms.

Regardless of platform, TV Go is for live streaming of programmes & VoD regardless of your location.

Streaming recordings from your box is a different function, which TV Go offers for the 360 platform & TV Control supports for TiVo/V6

I'll set a couple of test recordings on my V6 for Sky Comedy HD and see if they can stream on TV Control ok.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

By means of follow-up, I recorded the Late Show from Sky Comedy HD tonight and successfully streamed it on my (Android) TV Control app with no issues.

So if there is a problem here, it appears to be specific to the iOS versions.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I’m on a V6 box so that’ll be why I can’t just pick up my recordings. Was quite convoluted to find all available episodes then work out which was the last one I’d seen which is easier if I just delete a recording after I’ve seen it.   Thanks

Thanks for your reply and update, Flythedog, Glad to hear the TVGO app is working better for you.

Cheers,

Corey C