cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Control hanging when watching recordings

Flythedog
Tuning in

Anyone finding TV Control hanging when playing back a recording on iPad/iPhone? I record programs with the TV box then watch them at home on my iPad in the app. Worked perfectly until this week. More than one channel’s recordings involved, iPad and app are up to date, all on same home network. Just plays 10secs or so then hangs constantly, watching on TV box is fine. 

14 REPLIES 14

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You say "more than one channels recordings are involved" - does this mean there are some channels that are ok? Or that all programmes you've tried thus far, are affected?

If the former, which channel(s)?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi, everything I’ve tried doesn’t work, that’s from 4 different channels so far.  Forgot to add that sometimes I get a “can’t be streamed right now” error message, not trying anything new as same programs used to work fine. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you provide some specific examples?

It will allow other users (I don't mind, for one) to test this out.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I record The Late Late Show every night on Sky Comedy then watch on my iPad during the day. Always was fine but recently takes a lot longer to start playing then constantly hangs for a few seconds before playing again. Basically unwatchable now. 

Hi Flythedog, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you are having an issue with watching your recordings. 

Even though things have been fine before, there may be a recent update to your device that may have changed things so you may need to try something new. 

I know you have mentioned that the app is up to date, can you please delete the app completely, restart your device and then check for any iOS updates. If there are any, run these before re-downloading the app. 

Do you have the same issue when trying to watch the recordings on another device or is it only happening on the iPad?

Let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi. It does the same on my iPhone but it’s not up to date so I’ve focused on my iPad which is. I’ve done as requested but it didn’t help. It actually hung until I gave up rather than the usual pause. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Flythedog wrote:

I record The Late Late Show every night on Sky Comedy

HD or SD?

HD

Hi Flythedog,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear you are having issues with TV Control, have you tried to download and use our TV Go as this is what we are using now?

Regards

Paul.