cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Control error - Out of home streaming is not permitted from this Virgin TV box

authentic8
Dialled in

For a couple of months I have got this message on my Android device using the TV Control app.

Out of home streaming is not permitted from this Virgin TV box. Contact customer services for more information. Error code: E=8 V=-1

I am on the same home WiFi network. The device is registered and I can see all the up-to-date listings of recorded shows in My Shows. So why can't I stream them?

The second TiVo box is on the same network and I can stream from that.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi authentic8, 

Apologies to hear that this is still ongoing but I'm glad you're sticking with us on this. 

Is this happening on any other device for this TiVo box or is this only happening on the one device? 

Does everything work on the TiVo box like watching your recordings or live TV? 

Can you try pushing a connection between the TiVo and the WiFi by forgetting the network and re-joining it? You can do this by following this link: Connecting your TV Box to WiFi 

Come back and let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

19 REPLIES 19

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @authentic8,

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear that you are having this issue with the TV Control app.

Have you tried deleting and re-installing this? Are you also using the most up to date versions of your phones operating system and the app?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello @Ayisha_B

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the app. The tablet's OS and the app version are both up-to-date.

What confuses me is, if my device and the TiVo box are not on the same Wi-Fi network, how am I able to see and modify the TiVo show recordings?

Thanks.

Thanks for getting back to us authentic8,

Can you confirm if you've downloaded the programs onto your device before trying to watch them?

Alex_Rm

Alex_RM, I haven't downloaded the programmes onto my device. I've also just noticed the error message "Out of home downloading is not permitted" which I never saw before because I have not downloaded anything for several months.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I am sorry to hear this, can you please provide a screenshot of the error you are receiving? 

Zoie

Hi Zoie

Here are the screenshots:

20210407_011507.jpg

Screenshot_20210330-130500_TV Control.jpg

Screenshot_20210330-130423_TV Control.jpg

Hi @authentic8,

To clarify, is it only the one device that this error message is appearing on?

If so, is it possible for you to unregister and then re-register the affected device? You can head to device management here.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi. I have the same problem.  My daughter bought a new iPad and one of the things we wanted it for was to watch recorded programmes from our TIVO box.  We installed the Virgin TV Control app.  We could log in and control the TV but could not watch any recorded programmes as we got the "Out of home streaming is not permitted from this Virgin TV box" message.  WE then installed the TV GO app and registered the device successfully.  We can watch live TV and control the box using the apps.  The iPad is only on our home Virgin wi-fi, no 4G card, etc.

Any advice would be gratefully received.  Thanks.

Hi Zach.

I've just installed TV Control & TV Go on my phone and registered it. I have the same errors there.

I can't unregister a device as the service only allows me to register more devices and then replace an existing one. I don't have enough devices for that. 🙂